GBR Recruitment are recruiting for an experienced civil, electrical, mechanical andinfrastructure engineering professional to undertake the role of Estimator (some basic QS skills) for their array of projects which includes steel fabrication and turnkey project management duties in an exciting varied role.
The client has a full order book of projects for the next 5 years+ so it is a fantastic time to be joining an innovative creative modern business, who develops their employees.
- Advise on financial and contractual matters relating to, and prepare bills of quantities for, construction projects and provide other support functions concerning the financing and materials required for building projects.
- Calculate how much the construction projects will cost, taking into account labour, material and plant equipment requirements.
- Negotiate with suppliers and gain quotes from subcontractors and use this information to compile detailed cost proposals for a client.
- Tender preparation and submissions
- Cost analysis & forecast
- Estimating civil, electrical and steelwork projects
- Review and submission of cost / time frame variations
- Interim accounts and final account submissions
- Review of site costs supporting build and project teams
- Client liaison
Experience & Qualifications:
- Experienced in civil, electrical, mechanical andinfrastructure engineering
- Knowledge of Steel fabrication and turnkey project management duties
- Time served Estimator / Quantity Surveyor or qualified in a relevant subject matter
- This could suit an experienced Engineer in the above sectors seeking a move into a commercial support / business support role
Interviews to take place immediately
Commute from Leicester, Grantham, Loughborough, Shepshed, Nottingham, Newark, Sleaford, Bourne, Uppingham, Rutland, Corby, Market Harborough, Oakham, Oundle, plus areas close to these across Leicestershire, Nottinghamshire & Northamptonshire.