Sorry, this job is no longer available.(Loading More Opportunities)
Clerk of Works
Clerk of Works job based in West London London to work based from home, on a new build residential projects in Hertfordshire and around the Hertfordshire area. Your employer will be an award-winning multi-disciplinary consultancy, committed to providing high-quality cost-effective solutions that exceed client expectations.Project Details
Responsibilities and Duties
- Clerk of Works job to cover West London area and suitable candidates for this exciting job will ideally live within the West London area.
- The Clerk of Works role will focus on new build residential projects
- The Clerk of Works job will be based from home, with site visits within West London and bordering counties on a daily basis.
- Previous experience as a Clerk of Works, Site Manager are relevant backgrounds for this professional Clerk of Works job role.
Desired Skills and Experience
- As Clerk of Works, you will need to demonstrate an ability in undertaking instructions of building works in progress on new build residential sites, liaising with building contractors and preparing reports for employers agents and project management.
- You will keep yourself up to date with building regulations and compliance.
- You will demonstrate a good understanding of the building and housing industry, have a basic technical and construction awareness and competence, and be able to show a good working knowledge of materials, trades, methods, and legal requirements.
- You will have to have good observation skills to be able to identify discrepancies and raise these appropriately.
- You will have to prepare written reports with supporting photographs to a high standard and submit in timely way.
- You will organise snagging and end of defect inspections with the client.
- You will have good communication skills and a diplomatic manner to establish and maintain good working relationship with a client.
- It is estimated that at least 5+ years of relevant experience will have been previously gained in order to be able to work as a Clerk of Works that can work fully independently and competently in this role. Additional years of experience are also very welcome
- Experience of writing professional reports to a high standard
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent up to date technical knowledge
- Good organisation skills to be able to organise and prioritise your workload
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Capable of working under your own initiative and as part of the group
- Ability to work under pressure
Employing Company Overview and Profile
- Clerk of Works ICWIC accredited / accreditation is highly desirable
- Other designations such CIOB, CABE, RICS, IFE will also be considered
This employer is a leading multi-disciplinary consultancy, committed to providing high-quality cost-effective solutions that exceed client expectations. The vision of this employer is to be identified as a trusted client advisor, national in reach, local in service and selected for their quality and expertise in the build environment. They pride themselves in reliable personal service, provided by motivated, professional technical experts.Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Generous basic salary range of £45,000 to £55,000 dependant on experience
Package to be confirmed with suitable candidates