Senior Quantity Surveyor role – Housing / Residential projects – Greater Manchester - email
My client is A regional house builder with a fantastic reputation is looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to produce, manage and forecast build costs for allotted sites. Reporting to the Commercial Director, your role will be to procure all necessary subcontract trades whilst managing the payment process and subsequent contractual obligations
· Production of site start budgets, prior to commencement House build.
· Procure all subcontract trades involving other key members of the team ensuring best value is obtained and all subcontractor prequalification criteria has been supplied.
· Manage the payment process for subcontractors and ensure payments are made in accordance with the agreed payment terms.
· Evaluate and if appropriate, approve payments of dayworks and applications for labour only subcontractors.
· In accordance with the prescribed timetable review and agree monthly site valuations (including cost) to complete assessments using the approved system.
· Attendance at management team and department meetings at various locations which may be outside of the usual workplace.
· In conjunction with the Build Manager, host regular meetings with subcontractors to review performance.
· Management of agreed performance indicators including regular updates to the Commercial Director.
· Experience of working with a developer on residential projects
· Quantity Surveying or similar Degree - Preferable
· A good understanding of all aspects of surveying and contractual procedures
· Understanding of the financial implications of the methods and sequences of build
· In-depth knowledge of the construction industry
· Good knowledge of commercial and financial management systems and controls
· Strong personal organisational skills
· Ability to work alone but also as part of a team within a growing business
· Computer literacy
Salary and package
Flexible for the right person
Bi-annual discretionary bonus,
£5160 car allowance or company car + fuel card (covers business and personal mileage)
Holiday Buy Back Scheme
Company Pension Scheme
Private Medical Insurance Scheme
Life Assurance Scheme
Alexandra Smith at AndersElite is a specialist construction, residential and civil engineering recruitment consultant.
To register your interest in this excellent career opportunity, please submit your most recent CV to myself or call me if you have any questions on for a confidential discussion