Project Manager/ess Roofing & Cladding

Overview:

My client is a family- run industrial roofing, sheeting and cladding business based in the Midlands and are looking to recruit a Project Manager, due to expansion.

Our projects are new builds, refurbishments and maintenance, ranging between £5,000 and £1million per site and we have many large, regularly returning client companies.

Candidates will have a positive attitude, good communication and motivational skills, reliable, punctual and the ability to remain calm when under pressure. Excellent time keeping, IT and administration skills; and organisational skills are essential.

Job details / description:

Project manager INDUSTRIAL ROOFING, SHEETING AND CLADDING

To oversee multiple contracts running concurrently from start to finish, site locations will be mainly Midlands but also nationwide. 70% of the role will be office based (Nottinghamshire) with the remaining 30% site based. Candidate will work alongside Director, Estimator and Site Supervisors for each contract.

Role will include:

  • Organise and control sub-contract labour
  • Approve sub-contract labour invoices
  • Review & adhere to client program schedule of works to ensure deadlines are met
  • Responsible for multiple projects at any given time, ensuring that they come in on budget and hit practical completion dates
  • Attend site meetings with labour and client management teams
  • Ability to problem solve when the need arises
  • Raise requests for further information (RFI)
  • Procure project materials, and ensure deliveries meet programme time requirements
  • Ensure snagging is closed off in time for handover
  • Prepare risk assessments and method statements (RAMS)
  • Ensure works are carried out safely and in accordance with RAMS, liaising with Site Supervisor
  • Ensure works are installed as per approved working drawings, specifications and manufacturers details
  • Develop and maintain strong working relationships with main contractor/clients
  • Identify value engineering opportunities
  • Organise working /construction drawings with our draughtsman and client, whilst resolving any drawings issues to reach approval stage
  • Organise and off hire plant, netting, scaffold and cranes

Candidate requirements:

Candidate will ideally be based within 1 hour of Mansfield

Vast experience in industrial roofing and cladding

Extensive cladding knowledge of cladding systems

Competent in Microsoft, X-Cel, Outlook, Word, PDF viewer

Ability to read and understand architectural/ steelwork and construction drawings

Approachable persona and excellent team player

Good communication skills

Use of Pool car for site visits when required


Posted
05/01/2022
Location
Kirkby-In-Ashfield, England, UK