Founded in 1973 as Neville Tucker Heating Ltd,now rebranded asTucker M&E.With over 40 years growth and experience in the mechanical and electrical services sector,is one of the leading M&E Building Services Contractors in the Humber region.
More recently Tucker M&E have wona£20.5m contract for Siemens Gamesa for the extension of their existing blade factory in Hull, after being recognised for the success on the original factory build back in 2016. The exciting project plays a substantial part inSiemens Gamesaongoinginvestment in the region
We are seeking an experienced HVAC estimator with a commercial mechanical background. The successful candidate will primarily be responsible for the delivery of projects within the commercial sector. Having a proven track record of estimating projects from £50,000 to £5M within the retail, hospitality, and commercial sector in both traditional and consultant led design and D&B schemes.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, professional, and determined approach. Someone who is proactive, forward thinking, and adaptable in their thought and work processes.
- Quoting on enquiries allocated when required
- Preparing estimates using different software packages
- Analyse, organise, and control the tender documentation from receipt to producing a fully compliant bid, taking into account all clarifications and exclusions
- Liaising with the clients, sub-contractors, suppliers, and colleagues for complete understanding of requirements and best deals in preparation for tender submission, through all methods of communication
- Strategy overview meetings
- Tender submittal
- Post tender reviews and adjudication/settlement meetings
- Tender handover meetings once awarded contracts
- Assisting colleagues going forward in any technical issues at all stages of the contract
- Proven experience as a mechanical estimator
- Sound technical knowledge of mechanical systems, HVAC is essential
- The ability to work to tight deadlines. Managing heavy workloads and conflicting demands whilst still producing consistently high-quality work with confidence and accuracy
- Proactive approach with the ability to work both independently, without supervision and as part of a team
- Excellent communication and organisation skills with the confidence and ability to influence others
- Willingness for occasional extended working hours and some travel
- Salary: Competitive DOE
- 23 days holiday + BH's
- Job Type: Full time
- Plus additional benefits package