Are you a Traffic Engineer, looking for an exciting new opportunity?
Want to work on a fantastic multi-disciplinary consultancy in Central London?
I have an exciting opportunity for a Traffic Engineer to join one of the UK's leading consultancies.
- Working with the senior staff, providing technical support for a wide range of project types and consultancy commissions.
- The role specifically requires a sound knowledge of traffic and transportation and the ability to develop traffic and highway schemes from inception.
- The projects will involve designing of traffic, cycling, walking and public transport schemes. These may be covering junctions, routes, corridors or areas.
- Projects may be undertaken at various stages depending upon the specification/ brief (e.g. outline / feasibility / preliminary / detailed design)
The ideal candidate:
- Sound understanding of highways and traffic engineering techniques and principles, and/ or a track record in transport planning, design and/ or delivery.
- A minimum experience of 2 years
- Relevant degree or HND/ HNC (preferably in engineering/ geography) or equivalent qualifications
- Membership of a professional institution (e.g. MILT, MICE or MCIHT) or aiming towards it
- Consideration given to significant relevant experience in lieu of specified education and professional qualification
- Expertise in highways related AutoCAD design is desirable.
- Knowledge of, or experience in, project management techniques is useful.
- Working knowledge of DMRB, Highways Acts, RTRA 1984, RTAs, TSRGD 2016, Traffic Signs Manual and relevant British Standards
- Familiarity with TMA 2004
Salary & benefits:
- Negotiable salary, up to £40k
- 25 days annual leave + Bank Holidays!
- Continuous training and development
- Yearly Professional Membership of your choice
- Flexible working policy
- Plenty of company organised social functions
This is a brilliant opportunity, please get in touch to find out more!