FJA are looking to recruit a Quantity Surveyor
working on behalf of a National Utilities Contractor covering the North Somerset area.
This role is a 6 month contract with the possibility to be extended.
You will be working as part of the Commercial team who are responsible for the successful delivery of the contract between Clevedon and Weston Super Mare.
Your duties as a Quantity Surveyor
- Supporting the site team to correctly implement the contract and advise on issues with commercial impact
- Subcontractor procurement, contract set up and execution, commercial management of subcontractors including payment and change control.
- Forensic planning and assessment of extension of time claims
- Liaising with supply chain and client
- Monitoring and early warning of KPIs
- Forecasting and preparation of information for CVR reporting through the Commercial Manager
The successful Quantity Surveyor
candidate must have:
- Extensive knowledge of MS software
- The appropriate Quantity Surveying qualification / Professional affiliations
- Extensive knowledge of NEC contracts, in particular Option C Target Cost
- The ability to negotiate
- A Record of successful project delivery
- A full UK driving licence
- A CSCS card
If you are interested in the Quantity Surveyor
vacancy then click on the 'apply now’ button.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are not always able to reply to all applications. If you haven’t heard back from us within 2 weeks, then please accept that your application has been unsuccessful for the role we currently have advertised.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
Finlay Jude Associates Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.