Senior or Principal Ecologist
Predominantly Homebased with site travel.
Employees are able to work both from home or from the office with occasional travel to sites in the South West and the balance is tailored to suit individuals.
Salary / Benefits
£38,000 - £50,000 dependant on experience plus Bonus, & Vehicle
An independent ecological consultancy based on the Isle of Purbeck in Dorset are looking for Senior & Principal Level Ecologists to join their friendly, supportive, and welcoming working environment
Located in the most biodiverse 10km grid square in the UK they work on a wide and interesting range of projects, from small-scale home improvements to large scale housing projects, many of which we have had long-term involvement in from the initial surveys through to implementing protected species mitigation and enhancement, spanning over a decade in some cases.
What we are looking for
- Candidates with 5 -8 years plus experience working as an ecologist or similar role within a consultancy with a passion for ecology and nature conservation.
- Detailed level of knowledge of all aspects of ecological consultancy work and its application. Experience in managing and conducting field work for large, complex projects and line management.
- Candidates will be required to have a relevant degree or suitable experience
- Have or be eligible for Full CIEEM membership
- Hold numerous protected species licences, or be recognised as being an authority within their area of expertise.
- Have a detailed level of knowledge relating to certain aspects of ecological consultancy and its application in many and varied circumstances.
- Capable of writing reports for all sizes of project. Report writing skills should be at a level that reports need no alterations at review stage.
- Extensive experience in EPS licensing, both in their design and implementation.
- Experience of conducting large scale and complex Ecological Impact Assessment (EcIA) and preparing Environmental Statement (ES) Chapters.
- Experience of conducting Habitat Regulations Assessments (HRA).
Purpose of the Role.
To lead the team in providing expert technical consultancy services to the consultancy clients and provide support to other members of staff and take a lead in the implementation.
A full in depth Job Description is available on request.
Navartis Ltd is a specialist recruitment company supplying highly skilled technical and management professionals within the global Transportation, Civil Engineering & Utility industries, if you are seeking a new position our recruitment team can locate the opportunity to suit your needs.