Contract Scotland have an opportunity with one of Scotland's major housebuilders to appoint a quantity surveyor for their Glasgow office. Overseeing sites across the west of the central belt, you will be joining a strong established team, with the flexibility to work from home 1 day/week if required.
Key Requirements of the Role
- Maintain all cost control procedures on new build housing projects
- Be responsible for the compilation of all weekly, monthly and quarterly reports as required.
- Be responsible for all cost control procedures, including managing and controlling the budget and valuations
- Maintain budget control throughout development; and manage cost overruns within contingency levels
- Complete accurate costing for each aspect of site development
- Analyse and report on costs and cash flow using the support systems available
- Prepare tenders and procure sub-contractors, goods and materials, using Company Procedures
- Process Subcontract orders, payments and variations, using Excel and Group payment system (COINS) in line with Company policy and procedures
- Attend all project and team meetings as required, and present the Commercial position to the meeting
To be successful in the role, we are looking for:
- Qualified to HND level or higher in a relevant discipline
- Ideally 3-5 years experience working in the UK housing market, in a commercial role
- Highly numerate with excellent attention to detail, able to gather, interpret and present data to facilitate preparation of budgets and subsequent valuations
- Strong IT skills, working knowledge of computer systems within the commercial environment, i.e. project management/payment and valuation software
In return our client offers a market- rate basic salary (dependent on experience), car/allowance, flexible working policy and bonus.
To apply for the role, please attach your most recent CV using the link, or to discuss the role in more detail, contact Nicola Monro directly on 01786446651, quoting ref J23291
Contract Scotland offers both the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.
We can only deal with applications from Candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are current UK residents.
We are committed to equal opportunities and diversity for our employees, temporary workers and work seekers. Individuals are only assessed on their individual merits and suitability to a position irrespective of race, gender, disability, age, faith or sexual orientation.