Building Surveyor - London
My client is an independent dynamic firm of Building Surveyors and Project Managers providing a range of professional construction services. They work for a wide range of commercial clients, across private and public sectors. They also have exciting plans for further growth and are looking for someone to be a part of that growth which will open up great career opportunities for their staff.
This position is open to an experience Building Surveyor, ideally someone newly Chartered or with 5+ years post graduate practical experience, who aspires to advance their career and develop their skills.
- Undertake measured surveys and site inspections
- Act as Project Administrator
- Project Design and Specification writing
- Preparation of tender documentation
- Undertake Contract Administration
- Undertake site visits and attending/chairing site meetings, as required.
- Day to Day project management
- Preparing existing and proposed plans in CAD format
- Undertake professional matters, including, but not limited to, Party Wall matters, Acquisitions, Condition Surveys, Dilapidations etc
- Drafting and approval of fee invoices
- Preparation of fee bids
- Supervision and mentoring of Graduate / Apprentice Building Surveyors
- Must have a RICS Accredited Degree in Building Surveying, preferably be MRICS or working towards
- 5 years plus relevant experience in a Building Surveying environment.
- Be self-motivated, with excellent communication skills and able to communicate at all levels, orally and in writing
- Strong team working ethos
- Able to manage time effectively, prioritising tasks to ensuring timely delivery of services to clients.
- Excellent computing skills, work in an organised, methodical manner, with a high level of accuracy, technical knowledge, and attention to detail.
- Strong Report writing skills.
- Be fully conversant with statutory processes with good understanding of UK Building Regulations and Planning processes.
What they can offer you
- Fantastic career opportunity and growth
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working arrangements