Do you have an eye for detail, maybe a creative flair, do you love meeting a diverse range of people and are a team player? If so, then Benchmarx Kitchen and Joinery
would love to hear from you! Ever thought of being a Kitchen Designer? You don't need to come from our sector, or have product knowledge, we will provide you with all the training and development you need.
Our most successful Kitchen Designers
come from a variety of different sectors and backgrounds, but they all have one thing in common, is that they deliver an exceptional Customer Experience for both Trade Customers and Homeowners.
Having a Full UK Drivers License
and access to your own vehicle is essential for this role as you will be required to travel locally. (If you are close to taking your test, please still apply.)
We are looking for enthusiastic and driven Kitchen Sales Designer to join our business and support our Showroom in Reading
on Acre Road where we have a team of 5 colleagues. This is a full time, permanent position offering a competitive salary plus attractive benefits. Hours
- Monday - Friday 7.30am-5.00pm and Saturdays 8am-12pm (working 2 in 4 Saturdays).
We offer flexible working hours - this can be discussed at interview stage.Whats in it for you?
What experience do you need?
- A market leading induction and onboarding, we will provide you with CAD training, all the product knowledge, support and development you need, to become a successful Kitchen Designer.
- Alternatively, why not join on a 12 month Apprenticeship programme, pulling together CAD training, inspiration design and product knowledge training to provide our valued customers with the best possible service. Upon completion, you will be rewarded with a Level 3 Apprenticeship in Furniture Design.
- Our Apprenticeships are focused on your development and factor study time into your working week, so you can achieve your qualification without affecting your work-life balance. We provide you with a fantastic support network through; 1:1 coaching, mentoring and technical and skills training to enable you to progress your career with us.
- Salary between £20-24k plus uncapped commission, in your first year you could be earning an OTE of £30k, our Top Earners are on over £60k!
- 22 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Save-as-you-earn scheme / Buy-as-you-earn scheme / Contributory pension scheme
- Colleague discounts across a variety of our Group businesses including; 20% off at Toolstation, we also have a number of online discounts at leading retailers from theme parks to eating out and cinemas.
What will I be doing?
- You don't need previous industry experience, we are looking for transferable skills, a passion to go above and beyond for our customers, a thirst for chasing a sales and providing a first class service
- Youll be methodical and tenacious in your approach be meticulous in terms of planning
- Youll have great communication skills and be able to talk to a diverse set of individuals
- Youll have a friendly and outgoing personality, with the drive and energy to succeed, being a strong self starter you will also enjoy working collaboratively with your colleagues
Our customers are Traders and Homeowners, so with your new learned knowledge of our products and newly trained design skills - heres a snap shot of branch life at Benchmarx.
- Our success is built on strong relationships with our customers, its likely that you will get to know them on a first name basis, so its essential that you can build and develop long terms relationships and deliver the highest standards of service.
- Working with Homeowners, you will produce accurate plans and quotes in a professional and timely manner to really understand their project and create their perfect kitchen, whilst keeping the Trade Customer fully updated in the process.
- Using your new found expert knowledge and creative flair, you will be able to ask great questions to establish whats really important and design the dream kitchen solution using CAD and securing a sale.
- Building a strong network of customers around you to ensure you meet targets, you will also work closely with the external Sales Rep regarding customer requirements
- Not all customers come in to branch, so you will regularly visit our customers homes or building sites, where you will draw up inspirational designs on CAD and present them to the customers.
- Safety is at the forefront of everything we do, so your aim will be to ensure that our colleagues and customers leave the Showroom safely, by adhering to all stay safe policies and procedures.