Encocam engineering are looking for a new Mechanical Design Engineerto help design machines for our factories in Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire.
We have two production sites, one of which manufactures aluminium honeycomb which is then used in a variety of products including crash test barriers and bespoke composite panels (BCP). The other nearby factory produces ATDs alongside various other products used for testing automotive safety; And we also have the Herald motorcycle brand.
You will be developing and managing engineering and manufacturing projects in order to ensure the reliable running of our honeycomb aluminium production process and associated products. Your role will be split between project management and project engineering.
If youve designed production equipment or want an engineering role with a good variety of design projects, this could be an interesting next step in your career with a company that are always looking for new challenges to test our engineering capabilities.
Key tasks and responsibilities of the role are:
- Provide engineering support to ensure the running of machines and processes required for aluminium honeycomb production. As part of a team you are responsible for the management and design of these machines.
- You may be required to work on designs and drawings for honeycomb-based products such as panels and barriers.
- You will be required to manage projects; following established internal process of milestones and budgets.
- Take a lead to ensure that the Engineering support team is planning and following the established process. For issues concerning management and planning of projects you will be the first point of contact.
- Work to the established CAD process to produce drawings, assembly drawings and BOMs to both our internal standards and to the requirements of BS 8888.
- Be proactive in establishing a robust and simple system that allows easy access to up to date information that will support our process management system (ISO 9001).
- Be familiar with our practice for manufacturing items internally and the purchasing of parts from external suppliers.
- To enable you to fulfil your role you will be required to have excellent knowledge and understanding of our method for manufacturing aluminium honeycomb and the machines used in the process. You should become a go to expert on this topic.
- In order to deliver the production engineering projects, you will need to work closely with electronics, programming and maintenance. Professional skills in this area are not required but you will need to be able to discuss and assess requirements.
- The company uses chemical processes to manufacture some honeycomb products, therefore you will need a basic understanding of the process with emphasis on all related H&S matters.
- Provide technical information and representation of company to support the Sales and Marketing Teams.
You will need to be degree educated or similar and have experience working in a manufacturing / engineering environment. You will be a competent CAD user preferably with Solidworks, along with the ability to articulate and understand technical matters.
For a full job description please contact Encocams Recruitment Team.
If you think youre the right Design Project Engineer with the relevant experience, send us your CV today for consideration!