Writer - German & English
Are you an exceptional writer who has experience of crafting written content based on a wide range of topics for customers in both German and English?
In this role you'll bring great creativity and editorial judgement to a wide variety of interesting writing tasks and projects. Switching between in-the-moment requests and long-term projects, you'll find yourself constantly engaged with writing challenges!
• Crafting awesome copy every day - From snappy headlines for newsletters or social media campaigns to editing long-form copy for our training materials or online content on LEGO.com.
• Developing tone of voice writing guidelines - As the lead German language expert, you'll break new ground by creating tone of voice guidelines for the LEGO Group in German.
• Delivering content for global projects - You'll play an integral role in delivering content in English and German. You'll work independently taking ownership of content needs from brief through to publication.
• Translating content - You'll translate high-profile content where special care is needed to ensure the quality of the translation from English into German.
• Adapting content for different audiences and channels - You'll adapt your writing style to suit the wide variety of LEGO® audiences we support - including kids, teenagers and adults - to provide copy across LEGO.com, social media, direct-to-consumer emails, customer service channels and apps.
Play your part in our team succeeding
The Writing & LEGO® Tone of Voice team advocates excellence in all LEGO® branded written content and translations. We work in synergy with the entire global organisation to develop and update writing guidelines for all writers and editors.
Do you have what it takes?
• Exceptional writing skills in German and strong writing skills in English
• Broad editorial experience across channels and audiences
• Experience in developing tone of voice guidelines
• Attention to detail - Only the best is good enough
• Independent task management
• Strong curiosity about branding, brand values, and Corporate Social Responsibility
This role can be based from either Slough or Berlin.
Join the global LEGO® team
What's in it for you? Here are some of what to expect:
• Family Care Leave - We offer enhanced paid leave options for those important times.
• Insurances - All colleagues are covered by our life and disability insurance which provides protection and peace of mind.
• Wellness - We want you to be your best self, so you'll have access to the Headspace App and lots of wellbeing initiatives and programmes run by local teams where you are based
• Colleague Discount - We know you'll love to build so from day 1 you will qualify for our generous colleague discount.
• Bonus - We do our best work to succeed together. When goals are reached, you'll be rewarded through our global bonus scheme.
• Your workplace - Our offices will be your primary workplace with flexibility to work from home during your working week. Your People Leader will discuss the principles of our hybrid work model, role eligibility and frequency with you.
Children are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued and they belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and equal pay regardless of e.g. race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or gender identity.
The LEGO Group is fully committed to Children's Rights and Child Wellbeing across the globe. Candidates offered positions with high engagement with children are required to take part in Child Safeguarding Background Screening, as a condition of the offer.
Thank you for sharing our global commitment to Children's Rights.
Build your career brick by brick at the LEGO Group.