DO Manager / Lead Draughtsman (Tekla)
F J Booth Construction Ltd Guisborough, North Yorkshire
F J Booth Construction Ltd, the North Easts fastest growing steel company, who complete turnkey structural engineering projects in the UK. Our Head Office and Fabrication facilities are in Guisborough and Skelton respectively
- Our Steel is used in buildings around the UK, from airports to recycling plants, from power stations to hospitals and major petrochemical plants.
- Our safety, approvals and certificates provide confidence that we are a trusted steel fabricator.
We provide an excellent turnkey service covering design, detailing, fabrication and installation with our experienced in-house team of personal.
An experienced Tekla Draughtsman, your primary responsibility will be the supervision of and assistance with production and coordination of 2D and 3D models, detailed fabrication drawings and associated data in line with company procedures and contract-specific programmes.
5+ years experience using Tekla and a proven record within the industry (the relevant weighting of these factors will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis).
We also offer:
- A work place pension
- Paid holiday
- Experience of running projects is preferable but not essential and a demonstrated history of dealing directly with other disciplines would likely suffice if an individual is looking to progress into the role.
- Reporting to the Project Managers, duties would include dealing directly with the Projects team, fabrication queries, liaising with connection designers, identifying and raising TQs, monitoring programme and the administration associated with variations. It would be your responsibility, through dialogue with others, to establish and prioritise areas of work, distributing amongst the team. A proportion of your time would be expected to be spent operating Tekla, maintaining in-house detailing systems, along with attending to general DO administrative duties.
- Input on estimates may also be sought but devoid of onus.
- If successful you will be working on large scale UK contracts across sectors including aviation, petrochemical, industrial and power generation.
- North East based with occasional site meetings, often client-facing.
The Location:Guisborough, North Yorkshire. You will need to be in this area and able to commute to our facilities easily. Please submit your CV,Strictly no agenciesplease