Job Title: Project / Recruitment Social Value Officer
Job type: Full time
Higgins Group PLC is one of the largest family-owned construction companies in South East England. It was formed as the parent company of the Higgins Group of Companies in 1989.
The Project Social Value Officer will work across a small region of sites and will report to the Head of Social Value. This role is to hire, train and retain apprentices, trainees and local labour to meet KPI's and targets for each of our construction projects.
A key function of this role is to work with the local community, colleges, JCP, local authorities and referral partners to promote our site apprenticeship and employment vacancies and to deliver work experience opportunities and to successfully fill roles which meet the site team needs.
Monitor performance of trainees, and liaison with key training providers. Produce monthly reports and updates for S106, and site progress meetings. The role will also involve mock interviews, engagement at schools and colleges, charity fundraising, volunteering, community liaison, and community event coordination and attendance.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Recruit apprentices and local labour for the allocated construction projects, sourcing candidates from the target region or postcode requirements
- Work with project site managers and subcontractors to place apprentices
- Conducting fair and ethical shortlisting and interviews
- Working with HR, IT and the site team to coordinate on-boarding and inductions for apprentices and trainees
- Monitor and manage progress of all apprentices throughout their training, liaising closely with college / training provider and the line manager to ensure timely completions.
- Deliver social value activity for the allocated projects against the Action Plans
- Organise work placements, site visits & community activities to deliver against social value action plans
- Attendance at job fairs, and employment events to promote and raise awareness of vacancies and the business
- Providing CV advice, job search skills, and mock interview practise for job seekers
- Work with specialist referral partners to attract a diverse workforce
- Collating KPI data from sites and projects to be presented in report and case study formats
- Keep accurate records, calculate local labour percentages and monitor performance against targets
- Organise community events, support with community engagement and attendance at events with newsletters and posters, helping to produce promotional material
- Represent the business within relevant special interest groups (SIGs)
- Develop and maintain local partnerships with the community, local schools, colleges and charities
- Provide general site administration and administrative support to the Head of Social Value
- Liaise with residents, managing complaints, enquiries, and compliments.
- Able to work well as part of a team
- The successful candidate will be dealing with confidential information and should have the maturity to work within such a framework. The candidate will maintain and keep project files up to date
- All other reasonable activities to support to project team and social value team as required
- Recruitment experience
- Good understanding of Apprenticeships
- Knowledge of basic HR employment practices
- Good IT skills to include Word, Excel, Outlook and the internet
- Well organised and accurate
- Good communication skills - written and verbal
- Experience of working in the construction industry
- Resident Liaison experience
- IAG qualification or equivalent
- Safeguarding qualification
- Ability to work under pressure
- Confident at using own initiative and working with minimal supervision.
- CSCS card
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Recruiter, Recruitment, Recruitment Officer, Recruitment Assistant, Recruitment Coordinator, Internal Recruitment, HR, HR Assistant, Recruitment specialist, Recruitment Executive, Internal Recruiter, Resourcing Administrator, Recruitment Planner, HR Officer, Recruitment Coordination Executive, Recruitment Associate, Recruitment Placement Coordinator will also be considered for the role.