Compensation: Attractive Salary + Benefits
Full time / Permanent
Babcock plays a vital role in the security of the nation, supporting the equipment used by the British Army. This includes the fleet management of over 50,000 vehicles, ranging from quad bikes and generators to main battle tanks, and weapons from pistols to cannons.
We conduct complex engineering projects to rebuild armoured vehicles to ensure that they remain ready for action.
We are trusted to deliver the right equipment to allow the Army to train for and deploy to operations.
We are now looking to recruit an experienced Programme Manager who will be responsible for overseeing exciting, complex MRO (maintenance, repair and overhaul) projects.
You will lead operational delivery programmes and support the Project Manager(s) that manage them. You'll be joining a team that have a wealth of specialist experience in complex vehicle engineering projects.
Although this role is working within an engineering environment, we welcome applications from all industries.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a self-motivated individual who has strong commercial awareness and customer relationship management skills. You will have excellent organisational skills with proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment whilst demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence.
What will you be doing?
As a Programme Manager you will
* Oversee the delivery of a number of interrelated projects, ensuring risk, scope, schedule and budget are all managed appropriately across each project and at a total programme level
* Establish and maintain governance arrangements to oversee delivery of programmes, ensuring that responsibilities and accountabilities align with Babcock best practice e.g. Delegation of Authority, business performance review
* Manage senior stakeholders both internal and external to the business, showing commercial acumen and a passion for customer service
* Manage financial performance of projects, including new business within the programme
* Manage performance and development of direct reports (Project Managers and support roles) in accordance with policy
* Evaluate proposals for future business that will fall within the span of the programme for profitability, risk, opportunities and operational feasibility. Work with relevant bid teams to ensure proposals are fit for purpose.
The experience you'll bring
* You will have previous project/programme experience, ideally within an Engineering or change environment
* We would like you to have APM or Prince2 qualification
* You will have experience in leading and developing a team of Project Managers
* Excellent stakeholder management skills at a senior level
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
* Share ownership scheme
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Babcock DSG is committed to the continual development of its employees and to support this you may be required to undertake activity within your competence or accredited skillset across a variety of roles within your operational function or discipline consistent with your pay band. Additionally, training will be provided where required to broaden your personal competence and skills profile to maximise opportunities for your flexibility, personal development and deployability to provide experience across a range of roles and services we provide to our customers.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.