Job Title: IT Project Manager - Applications and Infrastructure
Location: Remote working, but need to be commutable to a Hub if needed - locations are; Plymouth, Dunfermline, Hamilton, Warrington, Leicester, Bristol or Portsmouth
Compensation: Competitive salary + Benefits
Role Type: Permanent
This is your opportunity to join a busy and highly motivated team of Project Managers and Programme Managers, where you will concurrently manage and deliver multiple application and infrastructure based projects across HR, Payroll, Finance and ERP.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for an IT Project Manager with experience of managing multiple projects based around IT Applications. You will have worked across a variety of projects of varying size and/ or budgetary value.
What will you be doing?
As an IT Project Manager you will;
* Ensure all projects are delivered to time, cost & quality while tracking and recording any deviations.
* Assemble project plans and teamwork assignments, directing and monitoring work efforts, identifying resource needs, performing quality review; and escalating functional, quality and timeline issues appropriately.
* Track key project milestones and adjusting project plans and/or resourcing to meet the needs of customers.
The experience you'll bring
As the IT Project Manager you will be;
* Experienced IT professional, focussed on being a part of a cost effective and efficient programme management team
* Minimum of three years' demonstrable Project management experience
* Applications Project Management essential
* Infrastructure Project Management preferred
* Microsoft Project experience essential (and Project Server preferred)
* PRINCE/APM or equivalent certification
* Experience of managing 4/5 projects simultaneously
What a role with Babcock offers
We believe in creating an inclusive working environment based on dignity and respect, bringing together individuals from many different backgrounds to give us fresh perspectives and new ideas whilst working towards giving back to the environment to build a sustainable future.
* 25 days holiday entitlements + bank holidays + flexible working
* Pension contributions
* Employee Share plan
* Free Independent Employee assistance programme (offering support and counselling 24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
* A tailored personal development and training programme
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
* Reservist in the armed forces receive 2 weeks special paid leave
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.