This is an exciting opportunity further develop your career as a commercial/technology Legal Counsel by becoming a key member of a strong, high performing legal team that is closely engaged with the business and aligned to its objectives.
This role will be key in driving the realisation of Centrica's, the legal function's and especially the Commercial Legal Services team's objectives. This role will support a wide variety of legal work including supporting the customer facing business units as well as the procurement of goods and services.
The role is a broad commercial position with a focus on balancing the need for clear and pragmatic commercial advice while ensuring compliance with the laws and regulations governing the supply of energy and services to consumers and businesses.The variety of the work means you will be able to consistently exhibit a highly flexible and inquisitive approach in the delivery of commercial legal services.
The role sits within the wider Centrica's Legal, Regulatory Affairs, Ethics & Compliance and Secretariat function (LRECS). LRECS focusses on providing a diverse and inclusive environment with a strong emphasis on wellbeing and supporting opportunities for further and continued development at all levels.
We are very open to discussing hybrid working arrangements split between remote working and office working. Our Head Office is in Windsor but the role can be performed remotely within the UK.Key areas will include:
- Deliver high quality, high impact, high value legal and commercial support across the business with the right balance of risk awareness and pragmatism
- Support the businesses in managing operational and regulatory risks, including the development and delivery of key policies, training and guidance to the business to better manage legal risk
- Structuring, drafting, negotiating and facilitating non-standard contracts of major impact to Centrica
- Provide advice to senior stakeholders on key business decisions, policy and customer journeys
- Procuring advice and support from the wider Legal, Regulatory, Ethics, Compliance and Company Secretariat ("LRECS") team on any other legal or regulatory matters that arise including privacy, IP, dispute resolution, employment or commercial issues and changes to regulation and legislation
- Keeping informed of industry-specific laws and regulations and ensuring that appropriate risk management strategies are in place
- Instructing and managing external lawyers and third parties where appropriate to ensure appropriate and cost effective advice is provided to the business
- Developing strong stakeholder relationships and networks within the function and the other business units to support the delivery of objectives and the management of risk
- Supporting the legal team objectives.
At Centrica we embrace diversity and actively seek to attract individuals with unique backgrounds and perspectives. To build a more sustainable future, we need the best team - a team with a diverse mix of people and skills, where everyone feels welcome and able to succeed. We are dedicated in helping to close the diversity gap across the technology sector and would love to see more females, people of colour and LGBTQ+ employees, as well as those from a variety of cultures and ethnicity to veterans and the differently abled. Supporting diversity and inclusion is a big part of who we are, we are not looking for people to fit into our culture but to add to it! PLEASE APPLY ONLINE
- Professionally qualified lawyer with practicing certificate in England & Wales (or equivalent)
- Strong understanding of commercial and technology law in the UK, and an interest in consumer law would be beneficial
- Experience of drafting contracts and negotiating commercial and technology agreements with a range of complexity
- Strategic legal outlook and commercially savvy lawyer with experience of delivering successfully in a challenging, fast paced environment
- Significant business facing experience in a legal role dealing with complex, high profile and important legal matters
- Ability to manage a diverse set of stakeholders, be able to prioritise effectively and deliver high quality commercially savvy work
- Experience of building strong relationships with senior business leaders in challenging environments
- Demonstrable ability to assess risk and deliver advice in a pragmatic manner, taking into account the wider and regulatory framework and commercial drivers.
by hitting the 'Apply
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the 'Apply' button.
This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team and NO agency contact is required.