Job Title: Specialist Trainer - North East region
Position Type: Permanent / Full-Time
Hours of work: 37.5 Hours per week
Function: Group Services / Operational Excellence / Specialist Support
Reporting to:Learning & Development Manager, Specialist Support Team
Location: North East region - Note location of the role will be in the North/North East with regular travel to areas suchTyne and Wear, Cumbria, North Yorkshire (Halifax, Bradford, Leeds).
Job Summary:As a Specialist Trainer you will be expected to deliver a wide range of specialist learning opportunities supporting new staff at induction through to refreshing the knowledge and skills of existing staff in topics such as positive behaviour support, physical intervention training (in line with the Restraint Reduction Network Training Standards), and person specific conditions.
You will be confident to deliver pre-developed learning material consistently across your area while also making it your own. In addition, you will become training leads in certain subject areas such as Autism, Acquired Brain Injury, Mental Health. You need to have excellent organisation and planning skills, be outgoing and enthusiastic and have a passion to make learning exciting and interesting for all.
This role will suit someone who is happy to work as an individual whilst relishing being part of a wider supportive training team willing to ensure the Group meets its own high standards in the delivery of support and care. This is no role for the faint hearted; we need someone who is dynamic and not afraid of a challenge.
- Motivating and inspiring learners to achieve and develop their knowledge and skills.
- Planning and delivering effective learning activities for diverse groups in a safe and inclusive environment.
- Promoting a variety of learning approaches to suit the needs of the learners and the organisation.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of Positive Behaviour Support and least restrictive practices.
- Supporting those learners who may have specific needs and work creatively to overcome any barriers to learning.
- Enabling learners to share responsibility for their own learning, setting goals that challenge where appropriate.
- Providing constructive and timely feedback to learners and to Operational Managers
- Deliver learning activities as per regional / organisational requirements.
- Demonstrate the required level of knowledge and underpinning values to competently deliver all elements of the curriculum.
Experience, Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum 2 years continuous employment in support or care roles in health care, social care or education.
- Excellent training delivery and presentation skills, and good working knowledge of evaluation techniques to aid in programme improvement and personal development
- Strong knowledge of theoretical concepts, approaches and strategies of positive behaviour support and least restrictive practices.
- Capacity to work unsupervised and co-operatively with others with the ability to promote and support the effectiveness of Lifeways employee learning & development strategies.
- Able to maintain confidentiality and deal with situations in a sensitive manner
- Current Moving and Handling certificate or willingness to achieve within a specified timescale.
- Current Emergency First Aid at Work certificate (which includes immediate life support) or willingness to achieve within a specified timescale.
- Hold an accredited PROACT-SCIP-r UK Trainer qualification to deliver tiers 1 to 3 training. Or willingness to take part on the PROACT-SCIP-r UK Training of Trainer programme.
- Hold or willingness to complete an accredited training qualification e.g Level 3 Award in Education and Training (QCF) or equivalent.
- Professional qualification or relevant vocational learning in health, education or social care qualification e.g. social work, nursing.
At Lifeways we value our colleagues and work hard to develop their skills through the provision of training and support. We are expanding and so there are real opportunities for career development.
If you feel ready for a change and are able to take on new challenges in a growing organisation, we want to hear from you.
The Lifeways Group is an equal opportunities employer and is regulated by CQC in England, CIW in Wales and CI in Scotland.