About The RoleTEACHER SPECIAL EDUCATIONAL NEEDS - SWINDERBY LOWER SCHOOL
Are you looking for a fresh Challenge? We are recruiting for an outstanding Teacher to join our well established Education Team atKisimul School.
We require a suitably qualified teacher who will create outstanding teaching and learning opportunities for individuals and small groups of pupils, ensuring a person centred approach that is functional and relevant to the curriculum.Are you:
- Primary trained?
- Passionate about making a difference?
- An imaginative, adaptable teacher and outstanding communicator?
- Able to lead by example, holding and articulating clear values and moral purpose, and focusing on providing excellent education for all pupils?
- Passionate in using your knowledge of current theory and practice in teaching and learning, and SEND, to provide a highly effective curriculum delivery, in a stimulating and enjoyable way?
- A team player with a sense of humour?
- Able to demonstrate a whatever it takes attitude to remove barriers to learning?
- Have a collaborative ethos, working with colleagues to develop day to day practice?
We offer exceptional and diverse teaching opportunities to support our pupils and make their time at school happy and productive, creating an inclusive learning environment where everyone feels valued and respects each other. Our pupils are nurtured to achieve their full personal, social, academic and vocational potential with high expectations and aspirations with quality learning opportunities which meet individual needs.
No two days are the same so we want Teachers who can work at pace, to turn cant do into want to You will enjoy working with pupils in a calm and engaging demeanor, whilst being resilient and using innovative styles of teaching.
We want to hear from people with drive and a willingness to go the extra mile to improve the lives of the young people in our care.
Whilst previous experience of working in a SEN environment would be desirable, excellent teaching skills and the right motivation, personal qualities and levels of resilience are just as important.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact our Head Teacher.
*** Visits to the school are actively encouraged and highly advisable ***
Closing date for applications: 01/05/2022.
Visits to the School by appointment on w/c 25/04/2022.
Interviews to take place week commencing 02/05/2022.What will you be doing?
- Establish and maintain good working relationships in order to promote the development and effective delivery of the school curriculum and maximise our young peoples achievement.
- Teaching students according to their educational needs and acknowledging that every lesson counts.
- Creating a well-ordered and secure environment that will ensure the educational well-being of individual children within the group.
- Managing behaviour with confidence, resilience and perseverance. Following agreed and consistent strategies alongside school,therapeutic servicesand residential colleagues.
- Ensuring careful and ongoing assessment of the students learning to inform further planning and next steps.
- Ensuring that tasks and activities are matched to the ability of the children- allowing them to make progress at the right pace and level.
- Working with school leaders to complete and teach individual pupil plans where students have specific needs.
- Liaising effectively with parents and a wide range of professionals.
About The CandidateExperience and qualifications:
What will you get in return?
- Must have appropriate teaching Qualification (QTS or QTLS)
- Be an outstanding practitioner
- Have understanding of the curriculum in order for successful planning and delivery
- Knowledge of SLD / ASD desirable
- The ability to manage challenging behaviour effectively
A few reasons we think its a great place to work:
- Competitive salary
- Continuous professional development and training for a clear career path
- Opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference
- Be part of a fantastic team who work hard together and support each other
- No two days are ever the same
- Open and positive working environment
- Your Wellbeing Matters
- We offer a Refer a Friend Scheme
- Access to the Blue Light Card scheme
About Kisimul Group
Kisimul Group Ltd are a group of independent specialist schools and adult provisions providing exceptional residential care and award-winning education to children, young people and adults with a diagnosis of Autistic Spectrum Disorder, severe and complex learning difficulties, global development delay and associated challenging behaviour.
Kisimul is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults, children and young people, and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Kisimul is committed to valuing diversity and promoting equality for all.
All applicants will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS Check.
Kisimul Group Ltd is an equal opportunities employer