Trainee Bus Driver £27k pa after training completed. Earnings based upon average of 42 hours per week, .
Apply now Trainee Bus Driver - Bristol
Stagecoach West are looking for trainee bus drivers to join our Bristol team.
- Get paid to train and zero training costs as not only will you be earning from day one, we'll also pay for all of your training costs to achieve a recognised national qualification in Passenger Transport and your PCV licence, worth around £4,000
- We can offer you great rates of pay, Monday-Saturday £12.35 per hour and an enhanced rate on Sundays. Further increase in September.
- Different shift patterns available so you can fit work around your existing commitments
It doesn't matter if you're working in customer service, retail, hospitality or in a supermarket or warehouse, the only things we need are...
- You need to be 18 years old and hold a driving licence with no more than 6 penalty points
- You need to want to deliver great customer service
- You need to have a patient, safe and courteous approach to driving
So if that's you, and you like what we're offering, then please read on!
You'll be one of 60 drivers here in Bristol who transport our fantastic customers safely and comfortably every day to healthcare and employment, to shopping and leisure, and to friends and family. Come and join our small friendly team who serve the semi rural communities of North Bristol and Yate.
Aside from the satisfaction of being a key worker in your community, there's loads of reasons for you to join the Stagecoach West team...
- Great benefits including a generous company pension scheme, 20 days holiday plus bank holidays, free travel for you and a companion, free financial education and affordable loans, and finally a range of money-saving opportunities including discounts on holidays and retail, cinema outings, dental insurance, vehicle breakdown cover and hotels and attractions
- Free travel for you and a companion on our buses - so on your days off you can be off shopping without worrying about parking the car, or heading off for a day in the city or by the seaside without worrying about the cost of fuel
- Average of 38 hours a week with overtime for those who want to increase their earnings
- Plenty of job security from being a key worker at the heart of our communities, where we always need great people behind the wheel
- UK-wide opportunities whereby if you're moving out of choice or circumstance, as we run bus companies across the UK, you can transfer to a new location
- Supportive and high quality training from some of the best (and nicest!) driving instructors and training managers in the industry - we'll teach you everything you need to know about our routes, our vehicles, our tickets and more
- Career development including our Trade Up scheme for drivers who want to move into engineering, promotion opportunities to depot supervisory and training roles as well as routes into management and leadership for those who want that
- Secondment opportunities to work elsewhere in the business - either on big events like Silverstone and Cheltenham Festival, or into our head office support functions
- An employee assistance programme to support health and wellbeing through a confidential service available 24 hours a day which provides specialist guidance and assistance on a range of personal and work-related issues, from dealing with stress and anxiety to managing financial, marital or legal issues. Face-to-face counselling sessions are also offered, alongside telephone and online support.
- A great working environment with loads of opportunity to make new friends from a bunch of great workmates, managers who work hard to create great places to work, and employee networks building inclusive environments for women, veterans, carers, multicultural and LGBTQ+ colleagues
The recruitment process is simple - you apply online, we'll get you in for an interview and to see the depot, and that's it!
Stagecoach workplace culture is one where everyone can be themselves and where all the differences our people bring to the business are celebrated. We welcome applications from all, irrespective of background, gender, ethnicity, race, religion, beliefs, disability, neurodiversity, sexual orientation or age.