Milk Education is recruiting for a Learning Support Assistant to work within primary schools in Newcastle upon Tyne. We are able to offer either a day-2-day, short term, and long term role as well as full time and part-time roles.
- To be able to demonstrate strong verbal communication skills and active listening skills
- The ability to monitor a pupil's response to the learning activities and if needed, the confidence to adapt the activity to achieve the intended learning outcome
- Can work independently as well as within a team
- To be able to uphold policies and procedures relating to child protection and data protection based on each schools specific policy
- Have experience in the past 2 years working with children
- Provide learning support for pupils in small groups or on a 1-2-1 basis
- Assist with the development of individual education and behavioural plans setting challenging expectations for pupils to achieve learning goals
- Encourage pupils to interact with the class and engage in activities
- Provide feedback to pupils and teachers on pupil’s achievement
- Encourage pupils to complete tasks set by the class teacher
The Milk Difference:
We are an environmentally-friendly education supply agency providing quality talent to local schools across the North West. Milk Education brings a fresh approach to traditional values to the Education Recruitment Sector.
- Excellent rates of pay.
- Direct links to local schools.
- Free Lesson Plans.
- Training support sessions.
- Video technology that will increase your chances of long-term placements.
- Dedicated Consultants who will cater to your employment needs with 24/7 availability.
- Commitment to quality and safeguarding.
- 24/7 support for interview and lesson observation preparation.
Applicants will be subject to a variety of checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references, including from your most recent employer, and eligibility to work in the UK. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment.