Success is not final; failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.
- Sir Winston Churchill.
Sheridan Maine is partnering with an established organisation that is recruiting for a Qualified Accountant to join their Bristol based team as Finance Manager. This is a wide-ranging role which requires demonstrable management experience, along with a solid understanding of the workings of a shared service finance function and international organisation.
Responsibilities of the Finance Manager include:
- Manage, coach and develop a team of 5 direct reports
- Responsibility for all accounting, and ensuring that the processing and coding of invoices and manual payments are correct
- Assist with identifying and managing the foreign currency exposures
- Produce periodic cash flow forecasts and reports
- Prepare budgets and forecasts
- Liaise with key stakeholders and provide support when required
- Assist with the processing, reconciliation and approval of UK payrolls
- Analyse variances and establish key areas of risk and opportunity
- Responsible for the preparation and reporting of monthly accounts
- Review and agree on monthly charges
- Make decisions on which costs are accepted and how they are allocated
- Liaise with budget holders to review monthly costs
- Maintenance and reconciliation of the Balance Sheet
- Provide month end recharge schedules
- Preparation of statutory accounts
- Publication of monthly KPIs
- Make continuous improvements on reporting, budgeting and processing after reorganisations
- Make improvements on processes to increase efficiencies
To be considered for the role of Finance Manager, the following attributes are required:
- Good knowledge of SAP and Hyperion Financial Management
- A good knowledge of corporate taxation in the UK along with broader understanding of indirect tax and transfer pricing across European jurisdictions
- A working knowledge of payroll taxation and implications of internationally mobile working
- Comfortable in assessing and managing foreign exchange exposures and hedging
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If youre passionate about this position or are keen to hear more, please click on apply as soon as possible.