Head Office Whyteleafe, Surrey (Hybrid, 3 days in, 2 days remote)
Competitive salary + benefits that will get you excited
Ann Summers is SEXY, DARING, PROVOCATIVE and NAUGHTY we push boundaries and buttons to give our customers exactly what they want!
Were the destination brand for must-have lingerie and sex toy innovation and stand proud as the authority in our industry. We passionately champion sexual liberation and believe that every woman in the world should feel like the sexiest woman in the world!
Whether youre working at our head office or in one of our stores, one thing thats guaranteed is no two days are the same. Were a unique brand with a phenomenally talented team of experts across all our channels together were empowered to achieve the brands global vision.
With a complex business model, operating across multiple countries and working with several business partners we have a challenging reporting cycle. Therefore we are looking for someone who would be comfortable, initially, in a hands-on role working closely with the senior budget holders. The role will be extremely diverse with a focus on providing management accounts leadership, and through your team of 3, producing accurate Management Accounts Reports, financial planning and maintaining effective financial controls to support the business and help drive profitability.
So, what would you be doing?...
- Month End Close Drive the month-end close and reporting cycle to ensure the Board packs are produced accurately, in accordance with agreed deadlines and with appropriate commentary. Continuously look to drive change and efficiencies in the process.
- Reporting Provide daily, weekly, monthly and ad-hoc financial reporting to the business. Review performance against business plans budget and forecast.
- Balance Sheet & Reconciliation Take ownership of relevant balance sheet accounts, ensure adequate controls are in place, reconciliations are performed to agreed deadlines, reconciling items are understood and followed up on and any opportunities or risks are highlighted.
- Audit, Tax & Statutory Reporting Support in the preparation of the annual statutory audit and tax analysis work for the Ann Summers Group, ensuring information produced is accurate and provided in line with agreed timetables. Manage VAT compliance for all AS companies. Providing ad hoc information as required.
- Budgeting Provide key support in the preparation of the businesss annual budget process, challenging the business to set robust plans that are in accordance with the Business Strategy.
- Forecasting Provide support in the ongoing preparation and maintenance of the businesss regular forecasting process, identifying risks and opportunities against the annual budget and ensuring these are adequately updated and reported.
- Business Partnering Hold regular update meetings with trading heads and budget holders to provide financial and technical expertise, including but not limited to: identifying risks and opportunities through KPI reporting; provision of decision support (e.g. portfolio packs); provision of financial support for business cases; query management; analytical reviews
- Relationships build and develop strong internal working relationships to support fluid accurate reporting and decision making.
- Financial Support Provide Financial Support to all areas of the business as required, including analytical reviews, substantiating figures and preparation of ad-hoc requests.
You need to be this kind of person
- Able to make it happen and push boundaries in a fast-paced, fun, and dynamic environment
- Care about doing a great job and empower others with the quality of what you do
- An amazing stakeholder manager and relationship builder, who Leads by example, inspiring individuals & teams to do their best
- An authentic ambassador you champion & demonstrate our people values at all times.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this role you will need to have...
- Qualified Accountant with at least 3 years PQE
- Multisite experience, within retail, hospitality or leisure business is preferable.
- Management accounts preparation and variance analysis
- Experience in corporation tax, and VAT in a commercial environment
- Team management experience
- Good understanding of systems and processes, Microsoft Navision preferable but not essential
- Confidence to influence and present to senior stakeholders in our business.
At Ann Summers we are proud to continue embracing inclusion, diversity and equality in our every day, supporting our people to be themselves. We are committed to building teams with a variety of backgrounds, skills and views.
We regret that due to high volumes we are unable to acknowledge every application. All successful candidates will be contacted as soon as possible to discuss the role and their experience further. Ann Summers complies with all GDPR policies and by responding to this ad your details will be kept on record for a total of 6 months unless expressed otherwise.