Mundipharma is a global (ex-US) network of independent associated companies that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines and consumer healthcare products. We are an agile and fast-paced company seeking to increase access to health care through programmes and effective partnerships.
We are forward-looking and dedicated to bringing innovative treatments to many of the worlds most challenging conditions and diseases including: Pain Management & Supportive Care, Consumer Health, Anti-Infectives, Biosimilars, CNS, Diabetes, Oncology, Ophthalmology, Respiratory and transplantation immunity.
We make a difference to patient lives by delivering value to healthcare professionals in 120+ countries across Africa, Asia Pacific, Canada, Europe, Latin America, and the Middle East.
Our guiding principles, centred around Integrity and Patient-Centricity, are at the heart of everything we do. We encourage our people to think differently and our inclusive culture of continuous learning and collaboration make Mundipharma a great place to work.
For more information visitwww.mundipharma.comJob Description
- Timely and accurate production of all financial and statutory accounting, reporting, tax and compliance requirements.
- Completing all accounting and reporting requirements during the monthly/quarterly/annual close periods and ensure completeness of all financial, statutory and group accounting and reporting whilst ensuring compliance with accounting principles/standards and relevant regulations.
- Timely and accurate account reconciliations of Balance Sheet control accounts supporting the financial accounting process and overall Balance Sheet management.
- Work closely with the FSSC AP and AR teams to ensure sub-ledgers are closed and accurate for P&L and Balance Sheet reporting purposes.
- Efficiently and effectively deliver R2R activities to meet the agreed SLAs and KPIs and participate in operational reviews to drive continuous improvements to close any gaps in performance.
- Work alongside the GPOO to develop and report Key Performance Indicators on SLAs with a focus on providing higher quality service as well as transparency to the internal customers.
- Compiling and providing financial analysis and variance analysis as agreed and instructed by the Finance Manager R2R and/or Head of R2R.
- Support the Budget and Forecasting process as agreed and instructed by the Finance Manager, R2R and/or the Head of R2R.
- Manage the internal and external audits to ensure complete, timely, and accurate responses to information requests.
- Completion of R2R Standard Operating Procedure manuals to ensure they reflect the most up-to-date processes and controls.
- Ensure the establishment and maintenance of an effective business control framework, commensurate with a business of this scale. Improve internal control environment to more efficiently monitor transaction risk and financial exposure.
- Participate actively in any future financial system upgrades as appropriate.
- Support the Head of R2R and R2R Finance Managers in driving the transformation of the FSSC to promote excellence. Actively promote the sharing of new ideas and best practice across all areas. Carry out adhoc requests or projects as instructed by Head of R2R or R2R Finance Managers.
- Build and maintain relationships with the IACs and their respective Finance Partners and Directors to ensure effective delivery of aligned Finance business processes.
- Assist in controlling operational planning by setting priorities and contents in close consultation with the responsible managers across the divisions.
- Act as a point of escalation for Finance business leaders and ensure timely remediation of issues.
- Supervise Assistant Accountants, ensuring day to day support and organising priorities according to business timelines.
- University degree in Accounting or Finance
- Recognised Accountancy Qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Previous experience working within a shared service environment.
- Ability to work effectively within a complex management matrix structure.
- Must possess "soft skills": conflict resolution and negotiation, personal effectiveness, creative problem solving, strategic thinking, team building, and influencing skills.
- High level of commitment and flexibility, poise, communication and teamwork skills
- Ability to interact with all levels, influence senior managers and be equally comfortable with senior management in cross-functional efforts.
- Broad, creative, and innovating thinking and the ability to gather extensive amounts of information and synthesize into concise reports and presentations.
- Previous experience working as part of a R2R team within a shared service center for Finance either in the UK or Europe preferred
- Strong financial, IT and analytical skills with an operational focus
- Proven track record of driving innovation and leading on organisational changes.
- Other languages (preferable)