Building a sustainable tomorrow
As part of the Midlands Regional Development Programme for National Highways, BAM Nuttall and its integrated supply chain are delivering crucial infrastructure projects under an integrated Framework agreement. The work is worth in the region of half a billion pounds over 4 years and involves highly technical civil engineering schemes that offer fantastic experience and career challenges and opportunities.
The M54 - M6 Link Road project (Staffordshire) is valued at £200M and will involve construction of new link road (1.6 miles) and upgrading of motorway junctions. This will support local economic growth for Telford, Shrewsbury, Wolverhampton, Cannock and Tamworth by improving traffic flow and enhanced east-west and north-south routes. We require a Project Environment Manager to drive environmental excellence across the project by championing the application of company environment management systems and best practice. You will alsosupport the Project Manager and take ownership by leading the development, application and improvement of the project EMS.
- Monitor, maintain, advise and guide Project EMS and continual improvement based on relevant environment standards, regulatory and BAM Nuttall requirements through audit and inspection on a regular basis (weekly/monthly).
- Input into Project Execution Plan to ensure it meets the relevant standards and customer requirements.
- Verifying the conformance of project systems and management plans with environmental standards, regulatory and BAM Nuttall requirements.
- Ensuring the project team are aware of and comply with all relevant environmental legislation by maintaining a legal compliance matrix.
- Attend and contribute to meetings providing guidance, feedback / lessons learned.
- Analysing environmental performance statistics, including inspection and audit, and monitoring trends relating to EMS compliance.
- Undertaking regular site environmental inspections and audits, lead investigation of environmental incidents and advising on appropriate actions.
- Developing relationships with local stakeholders, environmental regulators and supply chain specialists.
- Working in accordance and remaining up to date with current established Company procedures and processes and providing feedback on their continuing effectiveness.
Who are we looking for?
The following are mandatory requirements:
- Proven experience and expertise in developing and delivering environment management systems (EMS) that demonstrate continual improvement in line with ISO 14001 requirements
- Be fully aware of environmental regulation / legislation to ensure the business complies with all relevant legal requirements
- Knowledge and understanding of the civil engineering industry.
- Experience in training, coaching and mentoring to environment staff and other key roles within the business
- Degree level qualification in Environmental Management or equivalent technical qualification and extensive experience working in an environmental role
- Qualified to Chartered Environmentalist (Full IEMA) status or equivalent
- Articulate and engaging communication skills
- Understanding of BAM digital construction vision and its application
The following are desirable requirements:
- Qualified as an environmental auditor
- Strong connections and involvement with industry forum groups and trade bodies
- Commercial awareness and understanding
- Collaborative and supportive behaviours
- Proficient in the scoping, application and use of information technology
Whats in it for you?
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes company car / allowance, matched pension contributions, private healthcare, life assurance, 26 days holiday, 2 wellbeing days and 1 volunteering day. In addition to an attractive salary and benefits package, we support further personal, professional, technical and leadership development.
BAM Nuttall is also committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.