Building a sustainable tomorrow
As part of the Midlands Regional Development Programme for National Highways, BAM Nuttall and its integrated supply chain are delivering crucial infrastructure projects under an integrated Framework agreement. The work is worth in the region of half a billion pounds over 4 years and involves highly technical civil engineering schemes that offer fantastic experience and career challenges and opportunities. The A38 Derby Junctions project is valued at £250M and will involve major upgrading of 3 roundabout junctions around the city. We require a Senior Quantity Surveyor to work on this project, with further opportunities within the division to follow on.
- Maintain high personal safety and environmental standards in accordance with Company policy. Fully understand and participate in the Your Safety is My Safety declared vision. Refer to NP1
- Maintain effective communication with contracts managers, project managers, managing / project QS and other associated disciplines.
- Assist in staff matters which may include: attitude and behavioural issues, competency, retainment and staff allocation to meet a projects need.
- Manage, supervise and mentor your reports within the commercial structure. Carrying out staff performance and development reviews and assist in the operation of the commercial training programme.
- Provide and control strategy of commercial contacts with clients representatives. Refer to NP26
- Provide commercial contact with supply chain partners through pre-contract meetings, contract vetting and input to subcontract documents. Refer to NP5 & NP6
- Commercial management of subcontractors including processing payments, obtaining final account agreements, and resolving disputed issues by negotiation, if appropriate. Refer to NP15
- Monitor the timely production of reliable cost performance data and initiate discussions concerning project performance and provide commercial input to project strategy. Refer to NP9
- Produce and present monthly / quarterly reports. Refer to NP9
- Understand and ensure compliance with Company Procedures. Provide input into drafting new or to improve existing Procedures. Refer to NP9
- Be responsible for change management including ensuring adherence to the programme established approach. Refer to NP21 & NP2
- Be responsible for the timely production of appropriate levels of applications for payments in accordance with the provisions of the conditions of contract. Refer to NP9
- Attend and provide input to all site commercial meetings. Providing commercial advice to the site team, and management on all contractual issues Refer to NP9, NP21 & NP22
- Produce the financial assessment of insurance claims with insurers representatives. Refer to NP8 & NP9
- Manage time and workloads for yourself and your commercial team in a structured manner.
- Assist in the defining and delivery of commercial training to all site staff.
- Ensure adherence to NP22 and advise the Agent accordingly. Refer to NP22
- Thorough knowledge of construction procedures and working methods. NP25
- Carry out other relevant duties as required from time to time.
Who are we looking for?
The following are mandatory requirements:
- To be a Member of CICES or RICS
- Successful experience at Quantity Surveyor level
- Demonstratable ability to mentor and coach colleagues
- Be committed to promoting equality and diversity
The following are desirable requirements:
- Evidence of involvement in and understanding of construction law and contractual terms in all standard contract forms
- Track record of managing multiple suppliers
- Proven ability to maintain and enhance client relationships
Whats in it for you?
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes company car / allowance, matched pension contributions, private healthcare, life assurance, 26 days holiday, 2 wellbeing days and 1 volunteering day. In addition to an attractive salary and benefits package, we support further personal, professional, technical and leadership development.
BAM Nuttall is also committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.