We are not trying to change the world, but we are trying to change the construction industry. We are obsessed with efficiency. We provide innovative software and flexible staffing solutions using our global workforce to help our clients work more efficiently.
At efficiently.com, we value innovation in all aspects, including a flexible way of working. We are committed to a permanent remote workforce. We offer a great career opportunity working with a dynamic team dedicated to our clients. If you want to join a fast-growing and innovative company, please apply.
Definition Electrical Engineer Designer:
The task of an electrical engineer is to design high-voltage equipment such as wiring systems, , , and lighting systems etc. Within the construction industry, however, an electrical engineer has many responsibilities, especially when it comes to a construction site. In both residential and commercial buildings, while some elements like lighting fixtures and receptacles, or those with a function that requires it are exposed. At construction sites, it is the duty of electrical site engineers to direct and oversee electrical engineering projects at construction sites, resolve issues, and ensure that work is completed according to specifications. They also balance project management and engineering tasks that range from designing electrical plans to monitoring contractors. It is also the duty of electrical engineers to ensure that plans and work are completed in compliance with local and national electrical codes. BIM Model Creation for MEP:
The As-built virtual BIM models created in Revit for MEP services facilitate the process of coordination with other disciplines and clash detection at an early stage avoiding reworks and budget overrun.
This role will be discipline driven:
You will need to groom the position based on the client’s discipline’s needs.Co-ordination with:
- Mechanical (HVAC)
- Fire Protection
What are Electrical Engineer designer roles and responsibilities?
Responsibilities include designing, testing, installing, and maintaining large-scale electrical systems that transmit and generate power.
What is a BIM process?
Building information modeling (BIM) is a process supported by various tools, technologies, and contracts involving the generation and management of digital representations of physical and functional characteristics of places.
What is the prime Client?
- This would be any Architectural, MEP, or Surveying firm that needs support with processing and converting 2D project data into a Revit As-built model or AutoCAD As-build file.
- Assist in Project Model content development. And or understaffed to meet the demands of the projects or their clients.
- A typical farm size would be anywhere from 5 to 100.
Shift Timings: 6:00 PM to 3:00AM
Location: Work from home (WFH) – Full time
Note: This is a remote position, a strong internet connection is required (Company subsidy available)Responsibilities Summary
- Responsible for meeting firms engineering quality levels for discipline on assigned projects.
- Oversees development of design concepts by Designers and ensure proper application and execution.
- Verifies designer’s work quality regarding specifications, reports, code application, submittal review, equipment selection, deliverables, and drawings.
- Leads the discipline design to produce construction documents that meet the project requirements within the allocated schedule and budget while minimizing erroneous efforts.
- Have a solid understanding of engineering fundamentals and advanced concepts to execute all required aspects of discipline engineering.
- Encourages collaboration to seek the best solutions.
- Manages work plans and deliverables on multiple projects within budgeted hours.
- Writes studies and reports for Electrical systems on projects.
- Executes complex electrical designs with conflicting design requirements or difficult coordination.
- Expert in specific Electrical requirements for applications within a market sector(s).
- Edits and develops the basis of design narratives documenting project scope.
- Prepare one-line diagrams.
- Maintain the discipline Engineering documents for the project.
- Respond to RFI’s for the project, and accurately review submittals.
- AutoCAD and Revit proficiency with working CAD drawings.
- Prepare CAD floor plans showing electrical device layouts, circuitry, fixtures, equipment, etc.
- Prepare calculations for electrical loads and panel schedules.
- Understand and correctly apply concepts of emergency and normal power systems.
- Extensive knowledge of lighting, photometric, and lighting controls.
- Understand and apply concepts of voltage drop, conductor sizing, harmonics, etc.
- Edit electrical specifications.
- Layout fire alarm devices on floor plans.
- Select and schedule equipment.
- Coordinate with other disciplines (MEP/FP, arch, struct, etc.) for all electrical & lighting details.
- Manage and deliver revisions (ASI’s, etc.).
- Understands circuit breaker coordination and application.
- Understands specific Electrical requirements for applications within the Market Sector.
- Understands and properly applies details relevant to projects.
- Distribute project related correspondence to project team members.
- Oversee deliverables to and from clients.
- Provide continuous support for the Project Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineer or equivalent.
- Proficient (Intermediate) in Revit and AutoCAD.
- US construction knowledge is a must.
- 3 + years' experience in Revit and AutoCAD preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Adobe, Windows OS 10
- Ability to follow directions and adapt to new challenges
- Willingness to learn new software and techniques
- Ability to work in a dynamic teamwork environment
- Digital Layout – Provide model-based layout coordinates to field surveying teams onsite for layout of self-perform concrete, steel, utilities, and other systems.
- 3D Modeling – 2D information to 3D Revit models for design and construction detailing, including creation of custom parametric Revit families.
- Coordination – Develop and maintain integrated project coordination models using Navisworks software and create clash detection reports based on analysis of multiple design disciplines and trade subcontractor 3D models.
- Collaboration – Participate in virtual collaboration meetings with project team, while leveraging the coordination model as a decision-making tool to solve complex coordination issues.
- Estimating – Extract quantity data from Revit building information models (BIM) for estimating teams, while cross-referencing contract drawings and specifications for model accuracy.
- Education Summary
- Associate (Preferred) Experience: Associates Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Autodesk Revit: 3 plus years (Required)
- Autodesk AutoCAD: 3 plus years (Required)
- Autodesk BIM 360: 2 years (Required)
- Microsoft Office 365 (Outlook, Word, Excel): 2 plus years (Required)
- Microsoft Windows OS 10: 5 years (Required)
- Adobe PDF and or Bluebeam: 2 plus years (Required)
Powered by JazzHR