Alation continues to hire for roles at various locations with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19 crisis.
Big Data isn’t a problem. It’s an opportunity.
At Alation, we help people find, understand, and trust data, so they not only excel in their work — they drive value for their enterprise, team, and role. In the words of one customer, “Alation makes me look like a rockstar.”
We help companies like Pfizer, PepsiCo, and Munich Re empower their people with the best data every day. As a platform for innovation, Alation helps customers create game-changing solutions and products (like a program for early-stage disease detection with Pfizer, or a wind farm offering a guaranteed ROI with Munich Re). And we’re just getting started.
With more than $217M in funding - valued at $1.2 billion and 350+ customers with household names, Alation is poised to capitalize on data as an opportunity. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Alation was named to Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces list for the third time, and our exceptional Glassdoor rating (4.9 out of 5!) reflects a culture that makes coming to work each day a joy. Do you want to join a team that welcomes new ideas, supports your growth and recognizes your unique value?
The Cloud Enterprise Readiness team’s mission is to build the architectural vision of the Alation Data Catalog Platform from the ground up. In this role, this individual will bring cloud AWS and data infrastructure technology expertise to lead a team of engineers to technically analyze, design and deliver key low-level data infrastructure.
As a technically skilled manager, your experience with AWS cloud technologies, the operational inner working of those technologies at cloud scale, and your experience launching scaled software leveraging those technologies with seamless clean operations, will be applied to lead and deliver on critical infrastructure to meet the evolving needs of our rapidly growing customer base.What You'll Do
You Should Have
- Provide technical leadership and how-to on enterprise level data recovery, automated data transfer, backup and restore, data sharding technology in the cloud during design, analysis and implementation, to build our platform to perfection
- Leverage your cloud service experience in AWS RDS for Postgres, Kafka, NoSQL, Redis and more for platform implementation
- Work with the team to deliver platform technologies that operate and compute seamlessly, and that clearly operate with quality and scalability to match Alation’s product experience
- Collaborate across the organization with product management and other engineering groups in order to do so
- Experience in Python and back metal hardware interoperability is a plus!
More About Alation
- Bachelors/Masters in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Experience managing a team of 5+ engineers across locales with responsibility for production systems for at least 3+ years
- Proven experience and results in building cloud enterprise level data recovery, backup and restore, data sharding and low-level data management techniques from design and analysis to delivery
- Deep domain knowledge of real-time transfer of data in between clusters and shards, and how to design automated cloud data transfers with high levels of reliability
- Proven operational experience in production environments, diagnosing and troubleshooting data errors with various RDS technologies (Postgres, Oracle, NoSQL, etc.) and their technology variations
- Solid knowledge of Kubernetes and container runtimes, the cloud networking stack and more, is a plus
- Be a team player that shares in technical and product collaboration across an R&D organization
- Experience providing technical mentorship and training engineers on scaling very large distributed systems
Our founders have come together from different backgrounds: business, engineering, and design. This unique mix from our founding team is important to the Alation culture story. Today, our team consists of creators and communicators with varied backgrounds - from Stanford, to the Indian Institute of Technology, big companies and one-person startups, the United States, and abroad. We continue to seek ever more diverse perspectives as we grow.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on
the basis of race, name, religion, color, national origin, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Why Alation?
- Market-Leading Data Catalog Provider
- High-growth, collaborative environment with diverse and inclusive teams
- Continuous learning, enrichment and development opportunities
- Competitive pay and health offerings including commuter benefits
- Flexible time off to relax and recharge
and much, much more!