Tarana Wireless was founded in 2009 to research, develop, and commercialize at mass scale a whole new take on wireless access. It is powered by the efforts of smart PhDs from advanced radio architecture research teams (first from UC Berkeley, then from several other leading universities), along with Silicon Valley wireless industry pioneers with decades of deep experience in multi-radio systems. We're building a wireless broadband solution that includes the RF devices as well as cloud-based SaaS software for operating and managing large wireless networks.
We’re funded by Khosla Ventures, EchoStar, Prime Movers Lab, and a number of global private investors, and we’re guided by a team of distinguished communications-industry leaders.
We are looking for smart automation who will verify and validate our Wireless Solutions (focussed on the network layer). As part of the product QA, you will work on the product automation, tools development and setting high benchmarks for the product quality.
This will require a broad top-down understanding of the Tarana wireless devices, data, management and control flows between them, and network communications with the Tarana Cloud Suite.Responsibilities
- Understand the Tarana Wireless Embedded Device architecture and gain expertise in all the network components involved.
- Design, develop and enhance an existing python-based automation framework.
- Automate system, scale and performance tests.
- Conduct effective code reviews
- Own regression test areas and ensure that the product quality is intact despite of code churn.
- Contribute to development of tools that enhance test efficiency/management.
- Analyse issues by debugging test scripts that are written in Python.
- Identify defects and own them through the resolution and verification cycle.
- Ensure effective communication of project and testing status to all stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s/Master's degree in computer science or closely related disciplines is required.
- 4+ years of QA automation experience using Python.
- Good understanding of Object-Oriented Design methodology.
- Excellent debugging/analytical skills with a focus on solving problems.
- Experience with Jira and Confluence.
- Experience in Unix/Linux development environments.
- Experience of Selenium for UI automation is a plus.
- Good understanding of QA processes and Agile methodologies.
- Exposure to L2, L3 and L4 network layers, incl. switching, Ethernet, VLAN, QinQ, TCP/IP, routing, DHCP, DNS, NAT, QoS, policing, shaping is preferred.