Sorry, this job is no longer available.(Loading More Opportunities)
Capex is recruiting on behalf of one of Irelands most established Building & Civil Engineer Companies who is growing their team based on recent expansion and recruiting a Safety Officer.
Reporting to the Environmental Health & Safety Manager, the successful candidate will be involved in developing, monitoring and implementing the company’s HSEQ policy, ensuring that at all time they are compliant with Health and Safety Regulation.
An Outline of the Role:
* Implement the company’s health, safety, quality and environmental policy, procedures, and management systems.
* Advising & assisting site management in drafting and communicating Method Statements, Safe Plans of Action and Tool Box Talks.
* Provide advice, guidance, and instruction in all health & safety matters to management, safety representatives and employees (including sub-contractors where appropriate).
* Delivering Health & Safety induction programmes for new employees or sub-contractors working on site.
* Conduct regular inspections and site audits, reporting findings to site and senior company management. Strict follow-up is required to ensure that actions are dealt with immediately.
* Ensure that all accidents are reported, recorded and investigated and that suitable notification is given to the Directors, Health & Safety Authority and Insurers as required.
* Compiling relevant information for inclusion in the Safety File and preparing for handover to the Client at the end of the project.
* Chairing EHS meetings on a weekly basis.
* Promote the Company mission of being a healthy and incident and injury free workplace
What You Will Need to Succeed:
* Hold a relevant Qualification
* 3-4 years’ experience in a similar role
* Excellent IT skills and a strong working knowledge of Microsoft suite
* Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
* Good time management and organisation skills
* Ability and Willingness to work on own initiative but also capable of working as part of a team
* Ability to work well under pressure and within a strict deadline environment
* Ability to demonstrate building strong working relationships & stakeholder management
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Safety Officer to further their career and work for one of Irelands most established Main Contractors.
The Next Step
To register your interest, or for more information regarding this position or other opportunities, please contact Rob Walsh in confidence
If this role isn’t right for you but you are interested in a confidential discussion about other opportunities, please feel free to contact me anytime to discuss.
As our office may not be reached in the normal way due to new COVID 19 work practices, please follow up directly and ensure you leave a voicemail if unable to reach the required person and we will endeavour to get back to you as soon as possible.
CapEx Recruitment having received your cv to a particular position, are making the reasonable assumption that you are actively seeking a new position, therefore as part of our normal recruitment service we will discuss other suitable opportunities with you. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities, please let us know so you can opt out at any point. For further information please refer to the Privacy Notice on our website