OverviewThis position is eligible for up to $2,000 in Welcome Bonuses throughout the first year of employment. We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! Come join our passionate team!
As a Fortune 50 company, we hire the best employees to serve our customers, making us a leader in the insurance and financial services industry. State Farm embraces diversity and inclusion to ensure a workforce that is engaged, builds on the strengths and talents of all associates, and creates a Good Neighbor culture.
We offer competitive benefits and pay with the potential for an annual financial award based on both individual and enterprise performance. Our employees have an opportunity to participate in volunteer events within the community and engage in a learning culture. We offer programs to assist with tuition reimbursement, professional designations, employee development, wellness initiatives, and more!
Visit our Careers page for more information on our benefits , locations and the process of joining the State Farm team! Who are we?
In State Farm Claims, we believe our future is worth insuring, because insurance isn't about fearing the future, it's a promise to protect it. This has been our promise since 1922. And when the unexpected happens, there is no reason to fear. Instead, our customers will meet YOU, a supportive claim force providing the help they need. We are people who help people recover from the unexpected. So, when you join our team, you can feel good that with each interaction, you're helping our customers get back on their feet. “Like a Good Neighbor, State Farm is there.” YOU would help deliver on that promise! What area of Claims are we hiring?
Several our teams are hiring, and you may be considered for multiple opportunities where your skills and qualifications align. Areas for consideration include, but are not limited to, Auto Injury, Property Complex, Total Loss, PIP/MCP, Fire Weather & Cat, Home & Commercial - Proximity, Fire Casualty, Team Managed, etc.. Responsibilities
In this role, you will consistently deliver a remarkable customer service experience through handling various fire and auto Claims.
Realistic Job Preview: What it's Like!!
Several our teams are hiring, and you may be considered for multiple opportunities where your skills and qualifications align.
On a daily basis you will:
- Investigate, evaluate, negotiate and settle claims for an assigned area. This may include contacting customers by telephone, written correspondence and/or various electronic media.
- Work through an organized daily schedule, managing both phone calls and task driven queues.
- Apply knowledge of policies, procedures, laws, statutes, and insurance regulations when determining coverage, liability, & damages.
- Utilize strong verbal communication skills while resolving various conflicts and maintaining respect and professionalism.
- Foster meaningful relationships with our customers through claims handling processes.
- Communicates and collaborates with team members and business partners to better serve our customers.
Depending on placement within the Claims segment - the successful candidate selected for this position will need to meet necessary requirements in order to obtain mandated state licenses. This includes completing applicable licensing exam(s) and background checks required of various states. Failure to do so may result in termination. Training:
Selected candidates must be available for mandatory paid training Monday through Friday 8:00am-4:30pm for 10 to 12 weeks. Hours of Operation:
Anticipated hours of operation will be 6:00am to 8:00pm depending on the team you are aligned to. Employees may be asked to work in a shift environment including weekends and holidays based on workload and job requirements. Work Environment:
This is a Hybrid role as you will work from home 75% of the time and 25% of the time collaboratively in office. Training work arrangements will be shared prior to start date. For a successful work environment, you will be asked to have a reliable source of internet for your time working at home. Qualifications
We are looking for team members to join our team with the following:
- Remarkable customer service skills with the ability to provide caring and simple interactions with every customer.
- Growth mindset through problem solving, embracing obstacles as learning opportunities, and maintaining a positive attitude.
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency, be well organized and efficiently utilize technology
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to adapt and effectively implement regular process changes as well as pivot to working across demand pools within the segment
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and decision-making skills
- Accountability and resourcefulness
- Ability to obtain and maintain mandated state licenses
Bachelor's Degree and/or prior claim handling knowledge and experience