Find Your Purpose! Home of Hope offers Flexible Schedules, Full and Part-time Opportunities, Free/Reduced Child Care, Great Benefits, and Career Growth. We are offering a $1,000 sign on bonus for vaccinated applicants. Half of the sign on bonus paid after 6 months. No prior experience necessary
DIRECT CARE STAFF JOB SUMMARY:
Responsible to serve as a support person to all individuals receiving services by Home Of Hope Inc.
This support is given in a variety of areas; daily living skills, leisure activities, personal hygiene skills, vocational skills, individual rights and responsibility training, social skills, human relations, transportation, etc.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Train, guide or assist the individual(s) with personal needs
- Assist the individual(s) in achieving maximum potential toward self-determination. Advocate on behalf of the individual(s)
- Work cooperatively with all employees, service providers, guardians and families
- Flexibility to work any shift (day, night, evening, weekends, holidays) or any location.
- Coordinate or provide instruction in vocational skills
- Provide training and guidance to the individual(s). Assist the individual(s) you support with integration into the community by accompanying them to various recreational and social activities Assist individual(s) with the learning experience needed to reach their goals.
- Report to your direct Supervisor and document all incidents or accidents. Report all changes of individual(s) status (medical, household, problems, policy issues, etc.) to your Direct Supervisor.
- Responsible for fire and tornado evacuation protocol as outlined in policy.
- Assist individual(s) in dressing and grooming and daily hygiene. Prepare meals and assist individual(s) with eating if necessary. Assist individual(s) with housekeeping. Transport individual(s) when needed.
- Utilize approved behavior intervention techniques in appropriate situations.
- Work cooperatively with employees, service providers, guardians, families and individual(s) you serve. Maintain total confidentiality. Report accurate information about individual(s) to on-coming shift employees.
- Assist in the annual IHP (individual plan) and any IHP addendum meeting. Assist in arranging family visits for your individual(s).
- Attend all in-services scheduled by your Direct Supervisor. Attend all classes to maintain current training requirements. Maintain current valid driver's license and insurance.
- Report and document any injury that you sustain while on the job to your supervisor, and Consult Care or Human Resource Director immediately.
Every employee at Home of Hope represents the organization's values internally and to the public.
As such, all employees' actions and decisions are expected to be consistent with the organization's
core values at all times. Home of Hope's Core Values are:
Client Centered Care: We are committed to making all decisions and performing all actions
with the well-being of our clients as our primary focus, and to always putting our clients'
interests ahead of our own.
Accountability: We take personal responsibility, as an organization and as individuals, for our
actions, hold each other accountable, and expect to be held accountable at any point
throughout the year for our decisions and actions.
Respect: While keeping the focus on the needs of our clients, we also commit to
demonstrating mutual respect in communication and actions so that a positive environment for
everyone is maintained.
Excellence: We are committed to using established best practices, to evaluating effectiveness
of our efforts, and to demonstrating a willingness to change current practices at any point based
on evidence that change is needed.