Sorry, this job is no longer available.(Loading More Opportunities)
Public Safety Officer
Answers in Genesis / Ark Encounter - Williamstown, KYJob Category
Public SafetyPosition Type
Public Safety Officers are responsible for the overall safety and security of properties under the ownership of Answers in Genesis. This position will allow one to impact others through a service mindset centered on making an eternal difference. This position should display our Core Values of SERVE (Serve, Equip, Relate, Value, Engage) when interfacing with both internal and external customers to ensure that the message and mission of Answers in Genesis is portrayed in an effective and God-honoring fashion. This position provides opportunities for spiritual, personal, and professional development. Responsibilities
- Promote the mission and standards of Answers in Genesis.
- Create a SERVE culture environment in all work done.
- Approach all tasks with a second-mile mindset.
- Prioritize personal integrity in all interactions and assignments.
- Perform general security patrols of all ministry properties.
- Proficiently operate all Department of Public Safety (DPS) equipment, including weapons, patrol vehicles and computer-related systems.
- Operate facility alarm systems, fire systems and all electronically operated security systems to include both manually and electronically shutting down and opening the facility(s) and monitoring all alarm activity.
- Know and assist in the implementation of all departmental policies and procedures including (but not limited to) phone, radio, vehicle, weapons, medical, operational and general departmental SOP's.
- Learn and operate all dispatch center related equipment and procedures so that this officer has the ability to "stand in" as a console operator.
- Oversee/manage the process of key issuing and general access control management.
- Know and employ company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Build partnerships with outside agencies, including but not limited to, law enforcement agencies (both local and federal), emergency response agencies such as local fire departments and medical response agencies, departments of homeland security, the state justice cabinet and police training center, local security groups and security/law enforcement societies.
- Prepare and give presentations to the department, management and security and law enforcement related groups.
- Assist the supervisory group with organizing departmental functions and events.
- Maintain the parking permit database and appropriately issue and log permits.
- Manage current events with regard to operations, museum events and ministry business, among others, for the purposes of properly managing DPS operations.
- Provide direction to employees and patrons with regard to security and safety related matters.
- Provide security and related functions at security posts deemed necessary.
- Function as a traffic officer as needed.
- Oversee all safety and security related incidents. Act as a DPS liaison to all outside, assisting agencies, internal departments, employees and management. Complete/conduct appropriate incident reporting processes.
- Conduct emergency evacuations as well as conduct related drills and training.
- Conduct arrests and employ search and seizure procedures related to patrol work and in accordance with local, state and federal law.
- Act as first responder medical care provider in all medical related incidents.
- Determine severity level of all patients, determine appropriate medical support and provide necessary care.
- Stay current on all medical related certifications, including Basic First Aid, CPR and AED certifications.
- Proficiently operate and maintain all medical related equipment including medical gear and response equipment such vehicles and the department's ATV.
- Monitor, maintain and re-supply medical supplies and gear appropriately.
- Complete incident reporting processes.
- Act as patient advocate in medical cases.
- Act as departmental and patient liaison to outside assisting agencies.
- Provide documentation to both patients and end point medical care providers as appropriate.
- Operate within the scope of all federal, state and company guidelines, rules, regulations and laws.
- Oversee the company's HIPAA and OSHA compliance as well as all safety regulations.
- Know and employ company safety guidelines and supervise both patron and employee actions in regards to company policy.
- And all other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
Education & Experience
- Must agree with and be able to sign our Statement of Faith.
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Regular attendance at a local Bible-believing church.
- Submit all required paperwork to the Human Resources Department
- Experience in law enforcement or public safety/security related industry
- Successfully complete initial fitness requirements and maintain them throughout employment
- Successfully complete initial firearm qualifications and maintain them throughout employment
- Successfully complete interview process
- Successfully pass drug screening
- Must be 21 years of age or older
Items Needed for Possible Employment
- High school diploma
- Undergraduate Certificate or Associate's Degree in a security or public safety related discipline preferred
- Minimum 2 years' experience in law enforcement, military or private security
- Completion of on-line application, https://answersingenesis.org
- Salary Requirements
- Salvation Testimony
- Creation Belief Statement
- Confirmation of your agreement with the AiG Statement of Faith
- Completion of a Background Check and Pre-Employment Drug Screen