St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco operates the Multi-Service Center - Northern California’s largest homeless shelter, Navigation Centers for chronically homeless individuals and couples and the Riley Center - Domestic Violence shelter and services for survivors. We have over 100 employees working in 4 locations. We are proud of our diversity and of our more than 150 year history of helping others in San Francisco. St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco’s mission is to offer hope and service, on a direct person to person basis, working to break the cycles of homelessness and domestic violence.
The Assistant Site Manager is responsible for assisting the Site Manager in running the MSC. This position provides direct supervision and support to supervisors and staff. The Assistant Site Manager is a leadership position responsible for the overall operations, and delivery of services at the MSC ensuring adherence to City of San Francisco HSH policies and procedures and applicable corporate policies and procedures. This is a Full-Time, Exempt, non-union position.
- Support and assist the Site Manager to oversee the day to day operations of the MSC shelter.
- Ensure shift supervisors, case managers, and support staff are on site, and equipped to provide the best care and service to program participants.
- Oversee the Work Faire recipients, GA program workers, and volunteers.
- Ensure client intake process is adhered to, and all pertinent client information is accurately recorded on all data systems.
- Implement the policies and procedures of the MSC.
- Ensure that the shelter training manual is adhered to and understood by all staff.
- Supervise all staff including handling disciplinary issues.
- Ensure consistent provision of all services.
- Provide guidance, leadership and consultation to staff.
- Participate in staff meetings, as appropriate. Occasionally lead staff meetings as needed.
- Assist in the screening, interviewing, and onboarding of staff as needed.
- Participate in appropriate on-going staff development and training.
- Ensure SVDP program and client data systems are updated regularly, and assist program data staff, and leadership team with data requests, and system database updates.
- Oversee all facilities, including maintenance, food service, supportive services, and outside vendor relationships.
- Work evening and weekend shifts to meet program needs.
- Perform other appropriate duties as assigned.
- BA/BS degree in Social Services, Business Management or related field. Work experience may be accepted in lieu of a four year degree.
- Demonstrated supervisory skills.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Prior work experience with homelessness issues, preferably in direct services.
- Knowledge of community agencies and networking.
- Ability to de-escalate crisis situations and make decisions under pressure.
- Ability to multi-task and stay focused in a sometimes chaotic environment.
- Sensitivity to the needs of diverse ethnic and cultural populations.
- Ability to maintain professional boundaries with staff, volunteers, and clients.
- Growth-oriented team player.
- Bilingual Spanish or Mandarin preferred.
- Complies with and supports the overall mission, core values and vision of St. Vincent de Paul of San Francisco.
Covid-19 vaccination and booster required to begin work.
St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco's, Multi-Service Center South, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco complies with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance by considering for hire, qualified applicants with conviction history and/or records.