(Commercial Wiremen and Journeymen)
Pay range: $24-$29/hour, with a $1,000 sign on bonus for City Card
Fountain Services, LLC is an established industry leader in the electrical trade with offices in Spindale, Charlotte, Hickory, and Asheville, in North Carolina, and in Greenville, South Carolina. We serve customers and projects spread across the western, piedmont, and metrolina regions of North Carolina, and the upstate of South Carolina.
Over the course of our 75-year history, we have built our reputation as a company focused on the training, development, and personal growth of our workforce. We are seeking candidates with a commitment and desire to continue their own career development, and who are a fit for a company culture based upon core values of honesty and integrity, mutual respect, pursuit of excellence, and personal accountability. If this describes you, we want to help you maximize your potential.
Job Responsibilities/Expected Proficiencies
- Use and care of basic hand tools and company tools
- Identification of fasteners for specific uses
- Following directions and thinking ahead
- Installing fixtures and devices – proper termination
- Bending and installing single conduit up to 1”
- Following layouts and installing branch circuitry
- Attention to detail
- Planning, bending, and installing EMT, rigid, and PVC conduit
- Using ratcheting EMT benders on conduit up to 2”
- Following directions for installation of feeder conduits and gear
- Understanding lighting controls means and methods
- Understanding of grounding
- Understanding of conduit layout
- Understanding of conduit and wire types and applications
- Bending and installing 2.5” – 4” EMT, rigid, and PVC conduit
- Planning and/or setting up wire pulls
- Using wire crimping tools
- Understanding construction documents
- Transformer installation
- Teaching/Mentoring others – Attention to detail in the work of others
- Knowledge of the National Electrical Code
Minimum Experience Requirements
4+ years of commercial/industrial electrical experience (work with an electrical contractor/subcontractor in a commercial or industrial construction environment)
Additional Requirements and/or Expectations
- High School diploma or GED
- Pass a mandatory drug screen
- Satisfactory performance on a skills and capabilities assessment
- Provide a minimum of two (2) professional references
- Own and provide basic personal tools of the trade
- Valid driver’s license and a reliable means of transportation
Fountain has built its reputation by holding its employees to the highest standards of professionalism and personal conduct. We strictly adhere to the following four keys to success, which are expected of all Fountain employees:
- Show up every day on time.
- Appreciate instruction from leaders.
- Let your work ethic speak for you.
- Retain knowledge.
- Referrals from current Fountain employees
- Formal training in a recognized or accredited apprenticeship or similar program, or in a trade or technical school
- Relevant licenses and/or certifications, including minimum OSHA-10