Your new company
An asset intense, fast paced operation that recently,undertook a major programme of investment.
Your new role
Key Strategic Objectives
1) Ensure the asset base and operational capability perform to the highest standards to enable continued growth
2) Embed a customer-centric approach
3) Develop new opportunities to diversify the business, achieving strong growth rates
An entrepreneurial approach, combined with an acquisitive drive will hallmark such success
4) Leverage opportunities created from the investment, as well as unlocking other areas to create greater enterprise value and income streams
5) Establish a prominent reputation through engaging with all stakeholders, achieving high operating, compliance and governance standards, and delivering continued improvements in the business
The post holder supports the development and updating of the financial control framework, ensuring that the financial activities of the organisation are undertaken with prudence, probity and efficiency and comply with relevant legislation.
* To produce statutory financial reports to the standards expected of a listed company
* To coordinate the timely delivery of monthly financial reports and key performance indicators.
* To lead the management and preparation for the external audit and support the audit fieldwork, ensuring appropriate lead schedules are provided.
* Within the rolling budget and forecasting model, the postholder will be responsible for the balance sheet and cashflow inputs.
* Support in the delivery of projects, ensuring that these are accurately reported and forecast within financial statements.
* Ensure an effective process for capital additions to the fixed assets of each business.
* As a senior accountant, provide support and leadership to other members of the Finance team.
To improve the efficiency and automation of financial processes and enhance the control environment.
* Liaison with the external tax provider ensuring that they have the information they require and incorporating their tax calculations into reports and submissions.
What you'll need to succeed
* ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified
* 5 years' experience in an accounting managerial role
* Audit & tax background involving the preparation of statutory accounts and tax computations for review.
* Working knowledge of direct and indirect taxation including all matters relating to payroll
* Up to date knowledge of technical accounting issues and regulations
* Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
* Reporting to senior management
What you'll get in return
Great place to work, loads of change going on, great career development prospects.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.