A multi award winning law firm is currently looking to recruit an experienced Law Costs Draftsman to join the firm’s first class, specialist Costs department working from home. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is passionate about the work they do, the service they provide and getting the best results for their clients.
You will be required to have previous law costs experience preparing detailed Bills of costs, statements, schedules and costs budgets to support the recovery of the claimant’s costs.
The firm is offering a competitive salary banding plus excellent benefits package including flexible agile working environment, 25 days holiday allowance plus the option to purchase an extra 5 days, pension scheme, health cash plan, life assurance and income protection insurance.
- Prepares traditional and phased (precedent S) Bills, N260’s and Costs Budgets (precedent H) to be passed to the negotiations and advocacy teams to negotiate settlement or litigate following the costs litigation process
- Ensure all costs and disbursements are included in the bill, Schedule or budget
- Overseeing the Issuing of the Notice of Commencement and associated documentation where necessary
- Provide advice and guidance on complex costs cases, providing expertise in close call cases whilst meeting the internal quality and auditing checks to retain quality of process within the company code of conduct
- Ensure financial targets are met within reasonable