UDR, Inc. is now hiring a Software Developer II to join our team at our corporate office in Highlands Ranch.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Contributes to the technical components of data integration processes. Works with Business Analysts, Data Integration Architects, Software Developers, Executives and Business Stakeholders to create and deploy data integration. The scope includes development work within the data platform (API, MDM, Enterprise Data Store, Data Orchestration, and Service Bus) to support our Digital Transformational applications.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports to the Manger or Manager - IT Development
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: N/A
1. Develop, system test and implement components in our data platform.
2. Manage software development projects through the software development lifecycle including design, build, test, and deploy.
3. Write new and modify existing programs.
4. Maintain existing systems by analyzing and identifying areas for modification, integrating existing software products, monitoring, identifying, and correcting software defects.
5. Investigate new technologies, creating technical specifications and test plans, working with multiple coding languages, and writing operational documentation.
6. Debug new and existing programs, as necessary.
7. Provide quality and seamless customer service by improving operations, decreasing turnaround times, streamlining work processes, and working cooperatively and jointly with team members, resources, vendors, and customers.
8. Perform code review for peers.
9. Perform other duties as assigned or as necessary.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires mobility sufficient to travel. Some bending, stooping, and stretching. Occasionally lifting items weighing up to 30 lbs. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment. Requires good hearing, eyesight, and color perception to evaluate the quality of Web sites and internet content delivery systems as well as record, prepare, and communicate appropriate reports. Extensive data input and required ability to sit for long periods of time. Regular and consistent attendance on the job is an essential function.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Normal office environment. Frequent evening and weekend work. Available for IT problem escalation 24 x 7.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor's Degree in computer science, business with IT/MIS major, engineering or equivalent field, or its equivalent experience, is required.
2. Minimum of three to five years' experience in software development required, with demonstrated expansion of skills over that time.
3. Experience working in a project integrating data with MDM platforms preferred.
4. Experience writing and tuning complex SQL statement and reporting in RDBMS such as SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, SSRS, Performance Point or Teradata required.
5. Java or C# and .Net along with scripting, python and cypher experience preferred.
6. Experience with common ETL tools (SSIS, IBM Datastage, Ab Initio, Informatica, Talend) is a plus.
7. Experience working with GitHub / source-control systems.
8. Knowledge or experience interfacing with Restful or SOAP API's in both real-time and batch applications is required.
9. Must have and maintain a valid driver's license unless otherwise noted.
* Medical, Dental, Vision Plans
* Medical Flexible Spending Account
* Dependent Care Spending Account
* Supplemental Term Life Insurance
* Voluntary Cancer Insurance
* Supplemental Short-Term Disability Insurance / AD&D Insurance
* Voluntary Long Term Care Insurance
* 401(k) Plan with company match
* $90,00.00/yr. (minimum) - $115,000.00/yr. (maximum), depends on experience
* Eligible for 10% annual bonus potential, based on personal and company performance