Joining King's Hawaiian makes you part of our `ohana (family). We are a family-owned business for over seventy years, respecting our roots while thinking about our future as we continue to grow and care for our customers and the communities we serve. Our `ohana members build an environment of inclusivity as they freely collaborate, pursue learning through curiosity, and explore innovation as critical thinkers. Beyond that, we are also passionate about supporting the long-term health and well-being of our employees and their families. If you're excited to rise with our team, come and join our `ohana!
Design, implement and maintain electrical and control systems in a bakery manufacturing environment. Collaborate with Management and Operations to provide solutions to any control system issues that arise. Provide electrical and control systems design support to both plant engineering and project engineering. Ensure that all of King's Hawaiian's electrical and control specifications are implemented by vendors on new equipment.
- Program, service, repair, and maintain electrical and process control systems.
- Troubleshoot complex automation issues through various control systems using RSLogix 5000, Studio 5000, RSNetworx, FactoryTalk Studio ME, FactoryTalk Studio SE, and other applications.
- Design and implement PLC and HMI applications to improve the manufacturing process.
- Maintain and update electrical schematics using AutoCAD as needed.
- Communicate locally and organizationally with department heads and other key teammates to ensure equipment problems are addressed in a timely fashion.
- Work with experts from Rockwell and other vendors to improve existing control systems to ensure all equipment is technologically up to date.
- Provide electrical and process control troubleshooting support for the maintenance team to eliminate extended periods of downtime.
- Provide feedback in the designing of industrial control systems for new equipment.
- Supervise and mentors a team of Control Technicians and MSEs. This includes setting goals, assigning projects, and making sure they have the tools and knowledge to excel.
- The responsibilities associated with this job will change from time to time in accordance with the Company's business needs. More specifically, the incumbent may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
- 7 - 10+ years of Control System Engineering experience with a focus on manufacturing and control systems integration preferably in the food and beverage industry.
- Strong PLC/PAC/HMI/Network programming knowledge applying Allen-Bradley RSLogix 500, RSLogix 5000, Studio 5000, FactoryTalk Studio ME/SE, FT Transaction Manager, FT Historian, RSNetworx, Ethernet/IP, AutoCad, SQL, OPC Servers, and MS Office Suite.
- Strong PLC/PAC/HMI/Networking hardware knowledge including ControlLogix, CompactLogix, GuardLogix, MicroLogix, PanelView Plus 6/7, VersaView, managed/unmanaged Ethernet switches, and others.
- Must be familiar with the following communication protocols: Ethernet/IP, Mobbus, Profibus, ControlNet, and serial communications.
- Must be able to take projects from design to implementation with minimal supervisory input.
- Proven experience in the operation of Variable Frequency Drives and servos with an emphasis on Allen-Bradley PowerFlex 40, 40P, 70, 700 series,525, Kinetix, and SEW Eurodrives (MoviMot and MoviDrive). Strong knowledge of networking VFDs (ControlNet, Ethernet, and serial).
- Able to operate a DMM and clamp on an ammeter.
- Ability to diagnose electrical and controls problems, determine root causes, and supply short/long term solutions quickly and efficiently.
- Strong verbal, organizational, and written communication skills.
- Familiar with SAP and/or MES systems. SAP MII experience is a plus.
- Strict alignment to safety rules and regulations.
- Able to successfully work in a team environment.
- National Electrical code application experience.
King's Hawaiian is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our ohana.