Employee Applicant Privacy Notice
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we're changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We're a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our nearly 3 million members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we're at the forefront.
We're proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people's lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
We are seeking a Data Scientist who will help shape business strategy and product development decisions through data-driven insights. This is an exciting role for someone to make a direct impact on new product strategy and revenue of SoFi. Success in this role hinges on your technical aptitude, quantitative abilities, and business acumen: you know how to plow through data with SQL/Python/R/Tableau, surface insights using math/statistics/ML techniques, and measure the business impact using efficiency/conversion/profit metrics. You treat stakeholders as a partnership - you are there at each step of the way and you know that we only succeed if we succeed together.
What you'll do:
- Develop and test data-driven strategies that optimize Affiliates acquisition channel;
- Own end-to-end channel analytics workflow including formulating success metrics, socializing them across the organization, and creating pipelines & dashboards/reports;
- Build data structures and ETL pipelines to transfer data into Snowflake data warehouse, leveraging DBT and Airflow;
- Build models to help decision-makers understand customer behaviors and segmentation;
- Support partner analytics and reporting
- Run significance tests and continuously discover trends in customer behavior to inform decision making with a high level of confidence;
- Present analyses to Affiliate and BU cross-functional leaders.
What you'll need:
- M.B.A, B.S. or M.S. in Statistics, Economics, Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or a related quantitative field is required for this position;
- Proven track record of end-to-end experience in building analytical frameworks to inform business strategy;
- 3+ years of experience working in analytics, business strategy, or related role in the credit card industry;
- Deep understanding of credit bureau data;
- Exceptional knowledge and understanding of statistical and econometric modeling methods for significance testing and causal inference. These methods include (but not limited to) regression analysis, forecasting, bootstrapping, outlier detection, feature selection, and decision trees;
- Strong programming skills in SQL, Python, and proficiency in Tableau
- Experience with using Airflow to build Data Pipelines in Snowflake
- Ability to work in a dynamic, cross-functional environment, with strong attention to detail;
- Effective communication and presentation skills and ability to explain complex analyses in simple terms to business leaders;
- Strong relationship building and collaborative skills;
- Exceptional problem-solving skills;
Why you'll love working here:
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Generous vacation and holidays
- Paid parental leave for eligible employees
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs
- Monthly contribution up to $200 to help you pay off your student loans
- Great health & well-being benefits including: telehealth parental support, subsidized gym program
*These benefits are only applicable to full time employees
SoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is our top priority. Due to the ongoing nature of the COVID-19 pandemic, and because unvaccinated employees pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others in the workplace, effective on November 1, 2021, U.S. employees must be fully vaccinated to work from any of our offices, travel for business or attend work-related meetings.
The company will make reasonable accommodations when possible for employees who are unable to be vaccinated because of a disability, pregnancy, sincerely held religious belief, or for other legally required reasons..
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
New York applicants: Notice of Employee Rights
SoFi is committed to embracing diversity. As part of this commitment, SoFi offers reasonable accommodations to candidates with physical or mental disabilities. If you need accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, please let your recruiter know or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to insurance coverage issues, we are unable to accommodate remote work from Hawaii or Alaska at this time.