Adv Prac Registered Nurse II
The Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) reflects the mission, vision, and values of Sarasota Memorial Health Care System, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines, and other regulatory and accreditation standards. The APRN II typically work in a set acute care setting managing patient care which can include critical care, Ortho, OB/GYN, Oncology, and Pediatrics.An APRN is a registered nurse and therefore can perform all duties that are considered routine duties of a registered nurse. In addition, an APRN holds a master's or doctoral degree. The APRN functions as part of the multidisciplinary health team in accordance with privileges approved by the credentialing committee to provide high-quality, cost-effective advanced nursing care to patients within the APRN's scope of practice.
- Require advanced degree from an accredited school or college of nursing**Must have had a Medicare number in the State of Florida prior to 1/1/03; if not, must have a Master's Degree in nursing in addition to being a Registered Professional Nurse who is authorized by Florida to practice in accordance with state law.
- Require approved APRN board certification**.**Must be certified as a APRN by a recognized national certifying body having established standards for APRN's. The following organizations are recognized national certifying bodies for the Nurse Practitioner: American Academy of Nurse Practitioners; American Nurses Credentialing Center; National Certification Corporation for Obstetric, Gynecologic and Neonatal Nursing Specialties; National Certification Board of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners & Nurses; Oncology Nurses Certification Corporation; Critical Care Certification Corporation; and National Commission on Certification.
- Prefer ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Prefer knowledge of state, federal and local health care agencies and programs.
- Prefer ability to work independently and effectively with physicians and other allied health personnel in the hospital and/or office setting.
- Prefer demonstrated clinical competency skills.
- Prefer demonstrated knowledge of pharmacology as it relates to health care practice and current prescription writing skills/DEA licensing.
- Prefer demonstrated skills in documentation in medical records to substantiate accurate billing.
- Prefer demonstrated written & verbal communication & strong analytical skills.
- Prefer effective interaction skills to ensure the successful care of patients in the clinical setting.
- Prefer effective leadership and strong interpersonal skills.
- Prefer knowledge of relevant state and federal laws, statutes and regulations.
M D: Masters Degree
Required License and Certs
APRN: Adv Practice Reg Nurse
Preferred License and Certs
ACLS: Advanced Cardiac Life Support
BLS: Basic Life Support
40 hours per week; four ten-hour shifts; rotating weekends