Build a meaningful career
At LifeWorks, we offer more than career opportunities, we provide career opportunities to make meaningful contributions to people’s lives. The extraordinary expertise of a more than 7,000-strong workforce is harnessed to support the employees and families of the organizations we serve. Our innovative programs have a lasting impact on the health, financial security and productivity of 24,000 workplaces.
The Administrative Assistant provides administrative support to the Consulting practice area, which includes the Pension, and Health and Benefits Consulting Teams.
- Prepare invoices and enter into system (JD Edwards), follow up with consultants as necessary to meet tight deadlines
- Prepare written correspondence, labels, and mail merges; arrange couriers.
- Proof read and format reports and client deliverables.
- Format PowerPoint presentations for consultants for client meetings and seminars, and ensure copies are printed or put on a USB; arrange audio-visual equipment as necessary.
- Transcribe correspondence, reports and other documents from hand-written notes and/or voice messages.
- Attend meetings, take and distribute meeting minutes
- Act as a resource and subject matter expert for database (CRM)
- Provide general administration, including faxing, photocopying, scanning documents, filing, archiving, and ordering supplies.
- Open, sort, and distribute group mail.
- Manage the office equipment and liaise with Informational Technology to ensure equipment and internet services are fully functional at all times.
- Organize the day-to-day schedule of Partners and Principals
- Manage multiple calendars in outlook
- Send meeting invitations, organize meeting facilities, and order food/beverages if necessary
- Coordinate spacing requirements and logistics for new hires
- Assist Consultants with membership renewals, conference registrations
- Book travel and hotel arrangements for internal team members.
- Submit expenses for team members, as required
- Track budget, purchase orders and expenses
- Devise ways to continuously improve team operations
- Assist with special projects, as required.
- Provide administrative support for the Consulting team as required, working as a team with other Administrative Assistants
- The ideal candidate requires a two-year diploma preferably in Business or Office Administration along with a minimum of five years’ experience as an administrative assistant.
- High proficiency in Microsoft applications, particularly PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Adobe Acrobat are essential, as well as comfort using the internet as a research tool
- Strong mathematical skills are essential, comfort with accounting principles is an asset
- Familiarity with JD Edwards billing system is an asset
- Comfort in a fast paced environment is vital. Candidate must be detail-oriented and work must be highly accurate.
- Ability to prioritize requests, juggle multiple tasks and handle rush situations
- Flexibility to come early or stay late if required due to client commitment.
- A dedicated and flexible team player with a high energy level and solid organizational abilities. In addition, the candidate must possess a high degree of professional maturity, and be mindful of the significant degree of confidentiality required in this position.
- Organizational and time management skills must be excellent in order to coordinate and track schedules, projects and activities.
- Professionalism and high regard for confidentiality is a must, to allow the candidate to effectively interact with all levels of the organization.
Where permitted by law, LifeWorks employees must be fully immunized to access a LifeWorks office or customer premises.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to email@example.com
Fulfilling work that matters
LifeWorks is in the business of helping organizations help their people and in the process, we strive to elevate ours. We're always looking for talented professionals and strategic leaders looking to make a difference in the lives of the people we serve. We appreciate the interest of every applicant; however, we contact only those selected for an interview.
At LifeWorks, we are committed to putting our people first. Our priority is to optimize the health and productivity of our people. In light of COVID-19, our company continues to monitor the global situation and following local guidance in each of our communities to ensure the health and wellbeing of our employees. Safety is our highest priority, and while the goal is to ultimately return to the office, we are currently working remotely and are connecting with candidates through virtual interviews, recruitment events, and information sessions. We are excited to connect with you virtually, and look forward to receiving your application.