Sorry, this job is no longer available.(Loading More Opportunities)
2022 Summer Lifeguard
- Warns swimmers of improper activities or danger and enforces pool regulations and water safety policies.
- Administers first aid in the event of injury
- Rescues swimmers in distress or danger of drowning
- Administers CPR and/or artificial respiration, if necessary.
- Maintains active surveillance of the pool area.
- Knows/reviews all emergency procedures and responds to emergency situations immediately in accordance with YMCA policies, procedures, and the safe-in-six model. Completes related reports as required.
- Maintains effective, positive relationships with the members, participants and other staff.
- Knows, understands, and consistently applies safety rules, policies and guidelines for the pool and aquatic area. Maintains accurate records as required by the YMCA and/or the state Health Department code.
- Performs equipment checks and ensures appropriate equipment is available as needed.
- Checks the pool for hazardous conditions when arriving.
- Performs chemical testing when not guarding, as required, and takes appropriate action.
- Attends all staff meetings and in-service training.
- Minimum age of 17.
- Certifications: CPR for the Professional Rescuer, AED, Basic First Aid and Emergency Oxygen.
- Current Lifeguard certification or equivalent.
- Ability to maintain certification-level of physical and mental readiness.
- Must demonstrate lifeguard skills in accordance with YMCA standards.
- Professional and courteous demeanor
- Good communication and public relation skills
- Hear noises and distress signals in the aquatic environment, including in the water and anywhere around the zone of responsibility. Remain alert with no lapses of consciousness.
- Meet strength and lifting requirements. See and observe all sections of an assigned zone or area of responsibility.