Albany, Oregon, , United StatesPosted:
Refrigeration Project EngineerCompany Name:
Oregon Freeze DrySector:
BA/BS/UndergraduateOFD has a current opening for a Refrigeration / Ammonia Project Engineer
. This position is responsible for OFD's refrigeration system and PSM program for Oregon facilities, including management of capital projects and leadership of compliance activities across all Oregon Plants.SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
* Manages all aspects PSM program for all Oregon facilities and ensures employee safety, and full compliance with federal, state, and regulatory requirements. This includes, but is not limited to training, verification and documentation; RMP and ERP maintenance, facilitates PHA audits, documents and drives action plans, facilitates regular PSM meetings, and MOC documentation.
* Coaches, implements and enforces local, state, and federal codes and regulations, particularly those regarding workplace safety, food safety, and environmental compliance.
* Acts as a first responder on the company hazardous material team.
- Coordinates major projects and repairs with engineering staff and production supervision.
- Manages all aspects of refrigeration projects, as well as any other projects as assigned, including cost estimates, scheduling, project scope, appropriation requests, purchasing and contracts, budget management, installation, start-up and hand-off to production.
- Organizes projects and tasks with contingency and back up plans to minimize the impact to production and throughput.
- Implements capital projects and provides technical services to maintain and optimize existing or provide new mechanical services and equipment
- Provides technical assistance to manufacturing pertaining to production equipment, utility systems, and facilities. Acts as lead troubleshooter for the refrigeration maintenance department and primary contact for production management
- Optimizes output of facility through coordination of manufacturing and scheduling of maintenance of refrigeration equipment (both preventative and repairs).
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Bachelor's degree in engineering field required.
- Ten years in maintenance with positions of progressive responsibility in maintenance and engineering strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with maintaining a Process Safety Management program required.
- Knowledge of ammonia refrigeration systems and demonstrated ability to troubleshoot ammonia refrigeration systems; 5 years' experience with ammonia systems preferred.
- IIAR or RETA Certified to manage PSM System preferred.
- Knowledge of ERP systems, validation, calibration, resource scheduling, purchasing, receiving, and capital project cost tracking systems preferred.
- Knowledge of and ability to coach OSHA safety policies.
- Demonstrated ability to use financial analysis, estimating and planning concepts to complete projects timely and on budget.
- Demonstrated ability to use data and analytics to help drive decision-making.
- Demonstrated strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrated ability to have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have reliable transportation to transport self between company facilities during work hours, as needed, and transportation to and from off-site company events.
Depends on qualifications/ experience.
Excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, flex spending, short term disability, vacation pay, tuition reimbursement, paid holidays, paid volunteer opportunities and more!