As a condition of employment, CAO Employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination prior to first day of employment. CAO does allow accommodations for religious and medical reasons with the proper documentation prior to first day of employment.
SUMMARY & ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Works in collaboration with Erie and Niagara counties child care provider and their staff to ensure children and families enrolled in the EHS CCP program receive comprehensive Early Head Start services in accordance with the Head Start Performance Standards.
· Performs other duties as assigned; work with the EHS CCP Manager and Family/Community Service Area Manager to coordinate, provide training and provide ongoing monitoring, training/technical assistance to the content area and the activities of the Family and Community Partnership content area. Carry out assignments, duties, requests, processes and goals of the Family/Community content area as assigned by immediate supervisor and the Early Childhood Administrator. Examples of work include but are not limited to:
· Assist in the recruitment and enrollment of Early Head Start/Child Care Partner children throughout the year in Erie and Niagara counties.
· Ensure health and requirements are met according to Head Start Performance Standards for all children enrolled in the EHS CCP program
· Attend or facilitate meetings and trainings as directed by supervisor.
· Actively participate in parent or group meetings, community collaborations and affiliations in order to advocate for all children enrolled in the EHS CCP program
· Engage parents in volunteering, community service, and other ways of contributing to program activities and services.
· Monitor children's attendance and provide support services to families as needed for all children enrolled in the EHS CCP program.
· Serves as staff liaison for all children enrolled in the EHS CCP program
· Attends meetings of parent committee meetings as required
· Attends community agency meetings and report to the EHS CCP Manager
· Provides information and training to the EHS CCP parent committees
· Assist Family Service Workers with male engagement and coordinate male engagement activities
· Assists EHS CCP Manager with planning workshops and training
· Provides/conducts training as required by EHS CCP Manager
· Attend in service training for all children enrolled in the EHS CCP program.
· Assist with organizing parent committee groups for the EHS CCP child care providers
· Submits written monthly content area reports the EHS CCP Manager
· Maintains a close relationship with multi-disciplinary content area staff to ensure for all children enrolled in the EHS CCP program received required services.
· Audit and compile reports and records of Family Service Workers (FSW) for all children enrolled in the EHS CCP program
· Assists with completing the Program Information Report (PIR)
· Member of the Child/Family Study Team
· Attend all CMTM meetings as needed
· Models positive work ethic for parents and staff.
· Ensure FSW maintain a current and full caseload of families who are enrolled in the Early Head Start (EHS) - Child Care Partner (CCP) programs.
· Establish mutually respectful partnerships with families to enhance the quality of their lives and their community for all children enrolled in the EHS CCP program.
· Ensures Family Support Workers support families' efforts to reach their goals, assist in developing partnership with the family and work with families to create Family Partnership Agreement that facilitates families' problem-solving and teaches problem-solving skills.
· Ensures Family Service Workers monitor the progress on Family Partnership goals and assist families in modifying Partnership Agreements when goals have been attained or changed for all children enrolled in the EHS CCP program.
· Assists Family Service Workers provide training for parents enrolled in the EHS CCP program in how to be the primary teacher for their children and full partners in the education of their children.
· Ensures Family Service Workers perform recordkeeping, including written documentation, scheduled reports and mandated reporting, in a timely, accurate, and confidential manner for all children enrolled in the EHS CCP program
· Ensures Family Service Workers maintain regular communication with families (phone calls, group activities, home visits, and classroom visits) to promote partnerships.
· Ensures Family Service Workers maintain up-to-date listing of available community resources and list is available to families in Erie and Niagara as needs as if necessary.
· Conduct home visits in conjunction with child care provider staff as well as ensuring social service needs arise are addressed and referrals are provided.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES – Supervise the Family Service Workers
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's Degree in Human Services, Sociology, or Community Organization, plus one (1) year experience in social service community working with low income children and families; OR
Associate Degree in the area of Human Services, Sociology, Community Organization or related fields, plus two (2) years experience in working with low children and families.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to instruct and guide parents; ability to speak clearly, write legibly; able to discuss problems and disagreements in a professional manner; ability to communicate effectively with diverse groups.
REASONING ABILITY: Appropriate conduct and behavior shown in all contacts with supervisor, staff, parents and community.
NO PHONE CALLS - IF YOU ARE SELECTED YOU WILL BE CONTACTED VIA ONE OF THE METHODS YOU HAVE PROVIDED