Home Pride, Inc., family owned and operated for 20 years, was started as a manufacturer of anchoring systems for the manufactured housing industry. Home Pride also has a fiberglass step division, which produces steps for manufactured housing and portable buildings.
Home Pride has a history of providing excellent customer service and value to its customers in a variety of segments of the manufactured housing industry. With a commitment to continuous improvement, the company has an enviable track record of success as well as an environment of committed, long term employees.
Home Pride Inc. has an immediate opening for a Maintenance Technician at the Anchor Plant in Bristol, VA. Candidates who apply need to be handy and be able to perform a variety of tasks from building maintenance, basic carpentry, PLC troubleshooting, and machine maintenance.
This position works 4 ten hour day shifts weekly.
- Performs highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility's equipment.
- Provides emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Performs simple machinist duties and responsibilities.
- Performs mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, trouble shooting and repair of production machines.
- Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnoses problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Performs regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
- Performs a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions.
- Uses a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detects faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities :
- Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
- Complies with all employment policies, procedures/processes and programs.
- Performs duties in compliance with quality, as well as safety policies, procedures/processes and programs.
- Contributes to the company's goals of total quality and cost improvement.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude towards the company, Management, other Associates and clients/customers.
- Participates in assigned activities, assignments and projects to further elevate the company's vision, values and team spirit.
- Set dies and perform changeovers.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs throughout shift.
- HS Diploma/GED.
- Manufacturing background.
- Ability to use all tools/equipment required by position.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Ability to read measurements.
Home Pride Employees Enjoy:
• A Competitive Pay Rate
• Good Working Conditions
• Safety Rewards
• Complete Benefits Package: Medical/Dental/Vision, 401(k) Plan
• Paid Holidays, Vacation and Paid Sick Days
• 401(k) Bonus Potential upon annual eligibility
• Productivity Bonus potential after one year of employment