A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an In House Paralegal to join a fast-growing private equity platform with a focus on impact finance.
The firm’s global investment approach focuses on entrepreneurs and start-ups at the forefront of societal and environmental change. Their aim is simple: to invest in companies that aim to contribute positively to society as a whole and the planet itself.
This In House Paralegal position is a key role for the business, in return there is scope for the successful Paralegal to qualify via the SQE!
The private equity platform are located in the West End, and the successful Impact Finance Paralegal will be working as part of a team of four, who are based across the firm’s UK and overseas offices. Culturally, the business are collegiate and entrepreneurial in their approach, the team ethos is strong so they are looking for someone to embody the same. The company promote a hybrid working model of 2/3 days in the office and the remainder from home. The role:
As an In House Paralegal you will be responsible for assisting the firm’s legal function with private equity and transactional support. Reporting to the General Counsel, the successful Paralegal will have a wide range of legal duties including:
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating NDAs
- AML/KYC processes and onboarding (Fund, investor and portfolio companies and including assisting with KYC requests from portfolio companies)
- Preparation of board meetings and board / shareholder resolutions
- Legal agreement management, including document signings
- Companies House filings
- Assisting with resolving legal and procedural questions in the context of local and international banking services, finance and fund laws, fund prospectus updates and distribution requirements
- Legal research
- Fund administration support assistance
- Investor due diligence
- Migration of Fund service providers
- Fund life cycle management
- Special purpose vehicle entity management
- Transaction execution process support
- Coordinating signings of investment documentation
- Monitoring investment post-closing actions and satisfaction of conditions subsequent
- Management of original signed investment documents, share certificates etc.
The firm are looking for an Impact Finance Paralegal eager to develop their career in a forward-thinking and entrepreneurial environment. The ideal Paralegal will have worked In-House before and have experience working within funds or private equity.
- Ideally applicants will have two years’ practical experience as a paralegal
- A genuine interest in ESG / Impact Finance would be extremely beneficial
- Professional experience in investment / asset management companies preferred
- Experience working with other European and international jurisdictions preferred
- Luxembourg Fund experience is not a pre-requisite but would be advantageous
SO if you are an In House Paralegal looking for an exciting new In-House opportunity please apply today!