Sorry, this job is no longer available.(Loading More Opportunities)
NB1194 Universal Banker Trainee
Northfield Bank is a full service bank with 38 branch locations throughout New Jersey; and Staten Island and Brooklyn, New York. With a history dating back to 1887, our growth continues through expansion of our presence in local communities and in our Product and Service offerings. Over 300 employees with diverse backgrounds and cultures have come together to make Northfield Bank what it is today. The Bank believes in providing all employees with the opportunity to reach their career potential and encourages advancement within the organization. For more information, please visit www.eNorthfield.com
Title: Universal Banker Trainee
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Branch: Court Street
Status: Full Time
Provide exceptional customer service in the Teller and Customer Service areas, including prompt and accurate transaction processing, with focus on establishing new customer relationships and retaining and growing existing customer relationships. Also provide assistance in opening new accounts, assisting with problems related to existing accounts and making product-related recommendations through cross-selling and referring bank products and services.
- Perform transactions in both Teller and Customer Service areas while delivering superior customer satisfaction
- Utilize sales techniques to consistently cross-sell bank products and services based on customer financial needs in accordance with Bank policies and procedures; through in-person interactions and by making outbound phone calls.
- Partner with the branch team and specialists (e.g., financial advisors) to ensure our customers get access to experts who can help them with specialized financial needs
- Build long-term relationships with customers to help manage, maintain and grow the client Book of Business for the branch
- Accept and accurately process all financial service transactions within bank policies, procedures and regulations
- Open all account products, including checking, savings, CDs and IRAs promptly and accurately. Update account information as needed.
- Perform transactional services that are efficient and error-free, including but not limited to stop payments, deposits, withdrawals, wire transfers, debit card usage/limits, funds availability, check verifications/holds and other related transactions
- When completing Teller functions, maintain responsibility for cash drawer and follow proper balancing/reconciling procedures
- Build trust and respect with customers by researching and resolving customer inquiries and problems to provide a positive customer experience. Partner and collaborate with other bank departments when necessary.
- Contribute to branch goals by accomplishing assigned sales targets
- Assist branch Supervisory staff with preparation of daily branch summary and ATM proof. Investigates, resolves and reports out of balance transactions. Assists with vault and shipment control activities as needed.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all bank products and services
- Demonstrate professionalism at all times by maintaining a positive and respectful demeanor even during challenging situations
- Maintain a satisfactory level of attendance, which includes keeping unscheduled absences to a minimum, arriving to work on time on scheduled work days, and remaining on duty during the entire scheduled work period
- Maintain compliance with all bank policies and procedures pertaining to Branch Security, Auditing and Operations
- Participate in bank-sponsored events to support community involvement and increase Northfield's presence in the area
- Compliance with all relevant Bank policies and procedures
- May require occasional travel for business meetings or training.
- Management may authorize transfers to other branches based on business need.
- Customer Interaction - Knowledge of practices, tools, and techniques for communicating with a customer. Dedicated to exceed customer expectations. Anticipates and identifies customer needs and provides timely solutions that promote value. Establishes effective relationships with customers. Gains their respect and trust.
- Communication - Expresses oneself clearly and effectively when speaking and/or writing to individuals or groups. Listens attentively. Ensures that information is understood by all parties. Shares information in a timely manner using the most appropriate method. Presents well-organized information in a group setting.
- Accuracy/Attention to Detail - Ensures that work is complete and without error. Verifies information. Accomplishes tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small. Shows concern for all aspects of the job. Accurately checks processes and tasks. Being watchful over a period of time.
- Judgment - Possesses the ability to effectively perform the required functions of the job without being told every detail, to independently solve problems, and offer suggestions.
- Problem-Solving - Strives to understand contributing factors and root cause of the issue. Considers all possible solutions within compliance of the Bank. Partners with appropriate stakeholders who may have involvement in or be impacted by the solution. Works to resolve complex situations.
- Sales Skills/Sales Goals - Understands and strives to achieve sales plan goals. Utilizes current and new methods and strategies to maintain quota. Understands the marketplace. Works to meet prospect/customer needs. Utilizes effective closing techniques.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 1+ years banking experience preferred
- Basic math skills required
- Experience operating an Adding Machine preferred
- Good Computer Skills required
- Prior customer service skills preferred
- Prior cash handling skills preferred
- Selling to customers' needs preferred
- Excellent communications and problem-solving skills preferred
- Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to lift and transfer coin bag (approximately 30 lbs.)
**Northfield Bank is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Protected Veteran**