Registered Nurse PRN Plan 2 - Interventional Radiology - Venice Campus
Radiology Nursing Services
Provides professional nursing care to patients and families in an acute clinical care environment, guided by the SMHCS nursing professional practice model and in accordance with the ANA's Standards of Professional Practice.
Prescribes, delegates and coordinates nursing care for patients undergoing all types of Radiologic procedures including but not limited to, Interventional Radiology, Neuro Interventional Radiology, CT Scan, Ultrasound, MRI and General Radiology. Care may include interventions that assist the patient at any level of care; Inpatient, Outpatient, Critical Care, Emergency Care, and Transfers. Administers Moderate Sedation and manages the care of the Radiology patients undergoing a variety of procedures at the direction of the Intervention Radiologists. Collaborates with other professional disciplines to ensure safe and effective patient care delivery and the achievement of desired quality patient directed outcomes. Collaborates with the Radiology Interdisciplinary team that includes the Medical Director, attending Physicians, unit based support staff, unit manager, unit director, LPNs and APRNs to lead the patient through the utmost quality continuum of care. Responsible for the care of patients experiencing Trauma or Stroke, Hemodynamic Monitoring, Drip Titration and Vent Management.
PRN Plan 2 and PRN Plan 3 positions are currently available.
PRN Plan 2 requires a minimum of 4 weekend shifts per month.
PRN Plan 3 is a full time opportunity for up to 26 weeks.
- Require graduate of an accredited school of nursing or a diploma program. For new hires after 2012, Bachelor of Science Degree in nursing (BSN) required within three (3) years of hire date.
- Require PALS (Pediatric Adv Life Support) certification within 6 months of hire date.
- Require basic working knowledge of commonly used computer applications.
- Require current Moderate Sedation and IV competency credentials.
- Require National Institutes of Health (NIH) Stroke Scale certification within six (6) months of completing department orientation.
- Prefer certification in nursing specialty area.
- Prefer two (2) years Interventional Radiology, Cath Lab, Critical Care, Emergency Room experience or equivalent.
Bachelor of Science Nursing
Required License and Certs
Basic Life Support/CPR
Florida Registered Nurse Lic
FL Registered Nurse License
Advanced Cardiac Life Support